Azura Kidz on cruises

kalos

As the school holidays start ,letters are being left in cabins from P&O regarding children .

This was sent to us from a group Mrs K reads  and thought it may be handy for some 

who travel with children as we do see people asking info about the hot tubs and pools from 

time to time on these boards .

This was Azura 

kidz1(2).thumb.jpg.a053aa1ab64b9d7a59898e6c74557e93.jpg

kidz1(1).thumb.jpg.14fd16c806cbf0b41554a3e0568b261e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, BertieRulesOK said:

I wish the hot tub rules were enforced.  The amount of kids using them as swimming pools with no parents in sight is really bad.  I don't like being kicked and splashed.

Mine used the hot tubs. Have done since they were 6 actually but they either sit still or will be made to get dressed and sit at the side. Unfortunately we have one that will laze in there all day and another with ants in her pants so she doesn’t get long in there. 
For me supervised kids and behaving is fine. Zooming from one side to the other with google on and in nappies, and snot running down their face, those things made us get out of the hot tubs as it turns my stomach. I unfortunately can’t shout at others kids but I can make sure my own are behaved. 

• Like 10

On 7/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, Vampiress88 said:

Mine used the hot tubs. Have done since they were 6 actually but they either sit still or will be made to get dressed and sit at the side. Unfortunately we have one that will laze in there all day and another with ants in her pants so she doesn’t get long in there. 
For me supervised kids and behaving is fine. Zooming from one side to the other with google on and in nappies, and snot running down their face, those things made us get out of the hot tubs as it turns my stomach. I unfortunately can’t shout at others kids but I can make sure my own are behaved. 

What would they be Googling??

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 11:25 AM, Red Ray said:

What would they be Googling??

Eh? I’m confused 

They were zooming from one side to the other with their Google’s on- so under the water. In the hot tub. 
I know I am strict with my two but if they want to do that they get in the pool. The hot tub is for me and others to sit and relax in. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

So I can't leave my 3yr old in the hot tub and go ashore 😭

Joking aside I'm glad they're being clear as I havent cruised with a kid before so it's useful to know.

Definitely good to know. 

are you set on a cruise now? Our next one isn’t until December. I’m not going to cope that long without a holiday. 

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Definitely good to know. 

are you set on a cruise now? Our next one isn’t until December. I’m not going to cope that long without a holiday. 

December here too, Azura to the Canaries. First one for Hiro! We have a couple of weekends away in the UK before then but haven't been abroad since last May.

Who are you going with in Dec? You've just got back haven't you 😆

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Eh? I’m confused 

They were zooming from one side to the other with their Google’s on-

Vamps  .. Google goggles ..Swimming goggles   😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 11:49 AM, SquishTheWhale said:

Sorry if off topic, but what time do the pools close in the evening? As there's not much for kids on Azura except the kids clubs I'm wondering if an evening swim is possible 🙂

I don’t know about azura but iona was 7am-8pm. Would think azura would be similar. 
on azura there was a little kiddie pool at the back of the kids club that we got to from the back where the buffet is then up the stairs. Mine liked it in there- they were 4&3 when we last went on azura. 

On 7/26/2023 at 9:56 AM, SquishTheWhale said:

December here too, Azura to the Canaries. First one for Hiro! We have a couple of weekends away in the UK before then but haven't been abroad since last May.

Who are you going with in Dec? You've just got back haven't you 😆

I might have just gotten back from Florida in June 😂 

I haven’t got enough holidays booked.  We had loads last year and this year it’s killing me not to be jetting off every few months. But the deals just aren’t there. 
We are on Iona in December just Northern Europe then Caribbean in February. 
I just hope I’m going to be well enough to go. Really don’t want to have to cancel. 

I’m sure Hiro will love it. Are you leaving him at kids club? 

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don’t know about azura but iona was 7am-8pm. Would think azura would be similar. 
on azura there was a little kiddie pool at the back of the kids club that we got to from the back where the buffet is then up the stairs. Mine liked it in there- they were 4&3 when we last went on azura. 

I might have just gotten back from Florida in June 😂 

I haven’t got enough holidays booked.  We had loads last year and this year it’s killing me not to be jetting off every few months. But the deals just aren’t there. 
We are on Iona in December just Northern Europe then Caribbean in February. 
I just hope I’m going to be well enough to go. Really don’t want to have to cancel. 

I’m sure Hiro will love it. Are you leaving him at kids club? 

Thanks, shame the pools aren't open later but then again it probably won't be warm enough.

Going to attempt the kids club but you know how toddlers are. If we can stay with him the first session he might take to it.

We have 3 cruises in the next 15 months after a 4yr gap! Now just got to pay for them all 😂

Edited by SquishTheWhale

4 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Thanks, shame the pools aren't open later but then again it probably won't be warm enough.

Going to attempt the kids club but you know how toddlers are. If we can stay with him the first session he might take to it.

We have 3 cruises in the next 15 months after a 4yr gap! Now just got to pay for them all 😂

oh that sounds good. We have 4 between dec 23-April 25. Hubby won’t let me book anymore. I think he is a spoil sport but I have spent a ridiculous amount on holiday since everything started reopening. Problem is after being told we can’t go anywhere for so long I went a little mad. 
I didn’t actually like Disney this year as much as I thought I would. My girls have gotten too old and don’t really want to do the characters anymore and are more into the big rides, hate it that we missed out on the other one when they were little due to stupid covid. 
we also need to be careful with taking them out of school as much now. 
yes I don’t think the pools would be warm 

I had an advantage with kids club as mine went together