how much time to clear customs at FLL

NoWhiners

9 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

That's a pretty good plan, maybe too many assumptions, but I think they are reasonable. I didn't know about the Plus fare until after we booked, so we didn't get that. I think that was a great decision to hedge your bets.

If you think of it, come back and post your experience.

Have a great  trip!

On SWA you should be able to cancel your flight and rebook with the PLUS fare.  Or am I missing something?

13 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I don't know, but I'll check it out.

Thanks for the idea!

I do it all the time on SWA.  You do have to pay the current rate however (sometimes I get a credit back if it dropped).  I use this (very easy to do) online, even for rebooking the same flight to get a lower fare.  SWA has always been great for this.  If you get a credit I think you have one year to use it, so I try to book using points as they just go back into your account without a time limit to using (except for the security fee and taxes which still has a limit).

32 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I do it all the time on SWA.  You do have to pay the current rate however (sometimes I get a credit back if it dropped).  I use this (very easy to do) online, even for rebooking the same flight to get a lower fare.  SWA has always been great for this.  If you get a credit I think you have one year to use it, so I try to book using points as they just go back into your account without a time limit to using (except for the security fee and taxes which still has a limit).

Thanks for this. I've never been able to do anything with my tix online with SW, there's always a problem. Usually on their end but I'll give it a try. We used most of our points last year, so have to build them up again before they will be useful.

If I try to rebook online, will it tell me the cost before I finalize it? (Having never successfully completed this process, I'm still new to it!)

Thanks.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for this. I've never been able to do anything with my tix online with SW, there's always a problem. Usually on their end but I'll give it a try. We used most of our points last year, so have to build them up again before they will be useful.

If I try to rebook online, will it tell me the cost before I finalize it? (Having never successfully completed this process, I'm still new to it!)

Thanks.

Yes, when I have rebooked, it tells me the extra cost or credit before I finalize the transaction.  It really is very quick and easy to do.  Much better than other airlines IMO.

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Yes, when I have rebooked, it tells me the extra cost or credit before I finalize the transaction.  It really is very quick and easy to do.  Much better than other airlines IMO.

Hmm, maybe I'll see what I can do...wish me luck!