Civitavecchia--moving from 1 ship to another on b2b cruises

NoWhiners

Hi all

We will be taking b2b cruises in November/December, both leaving from Civitavecchia. The first ship is the Island Princess and arrives back in port on Nov 23. The Enchanted Princess leaves on a TA that same day. Does anyone know if a) Princess will move our bags for us (I doubt it) or b) can we walk the bags to the next ship ourselves? Or, maybe there is an intra-port shuttle that we can use? They are very different sizes, so I can't see them being right next to each other but maybe there aren't as many ships at this time of year.

Just trying to set my expectations for that day.

Thanks for any help.

I don't think Princess will offer a transfer.

Worst case scenario you can take the free port shuttle to the Civitavecchia port entrance (not the one to the train station) and then get on the one that will take you to your second ship.

It looks like the Port of Civitavecchia is now posting a calendar (for current month only) that actually shows the berth of each ship. You can check it out at the link below, which also has a map of the port in case you need to check locations. Of course it's not 100% guaranteed but you can check it close to your arrival date to get a pretty good idea:

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/cruises-port-civitavecchia-june

If the two ships are close enough to walk between, you should be able to see it. 

35 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Worst case scenario you can take the free port shuttle to the Civitavecchia port entrance (not the one to the train station) and then get on the one that will take you to your second ship.

It looks like the Port of Civitavecchia is now posting a calendar (for current month only) that actually shows the berth of each ship. You can check it out at the link below, which also has a map of the port in case you need to check locations. Of course it's not 100% guaranteed but you can check it close to your arrival date to get a pretty good idea:

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/cruises-port-civitavecchia-june

If the two ships are close enough to walk between, you should be able to see it. 

Thanks cruisemom, helpful as always. I have been checking the port link and it's nice they have added the monthly calendar for berths.

Do you know if we are allowed to walk the area or is it like a lot of ports and they don't want crazy tourists wandering around, especially with luggage??🙂

It never occurred to me to take the shuttle to the gate, then board the one for our ship. I am rusty after 2 1/2 years of no travel!

Thanks.

Enchanted Princess was at 12BN one time and at 25S another time in June, so there's no consistency or apparently no limitation based on the size of the ship.  Unfortunately I didn't see any other Princess ships in port during the month.

You can walk among the ships on the cruise pier, berths 10 - 13, but not around the area of berth 25 where the mega ships port.

Edited by euro cruiser

Just now, euro cruiser said:

Enchanted Princess was at 12BN one time and at 25S another time in June, so there's no consistency or apparently no limitation based on the size of the ship.  Unfortunately I didn't see any other Princess ships in port during the month.

Thanks for this. I was hoping she had a "standard" berth she used but now I know she doesn't.

Thanks for the help.

So far in July I see the Coral Princess at 13N and the Enchanted Princess at 25S.  Nothing predictable.

Cruises from the Port of Civitavecchia in July 2023 | Port Mobility Civitavecchia

Thanks for checking. I'll check when we get closer. It would be helpful to know in advance where the ships will be.

Thanks for the suggestion to create a new thread too--definitely less confusing 😉

41 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

map_of_port_of_civitavecchia_eng_1465288

I've been staring at this map for a few minutes. It looks like those 2 berths are about as far away as they can be! I think for now, I will just assume we will take the shuttle to the main gate, then the one to our ship.

Anyone know if they assign groups for this or do we juts wait in a line??

They explain the process here:  Shuttles | Port Mobility Civitavecchia

You take the Green line (aka Line A) to the Largo della Pace depot, where you switch to the light blue line (aka Line B), this one goes directly to pier 25.

Wow, thanks again. You are an absolute font of information! 

I'm going to print the map and stash it with my other travel papers.

Thank you so much.