LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

Just purchased our 2 day unlimited  transportation passes (for buses and ferries).  It came to around $90 for 3 adults.  The next ferry for Hamilton leaves at 11am.  Then we’ll take the #10 bus on a scenic ride to the zoo and aquarium.  You purchase the tickets directly across from the ship (about a 10

minute walk) at the white building that’s called their Visitor’s Center.

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0484.jpeg

IMG_0485.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Are you aware that Jiff is made with Lard?☠️

why not buy Real Peanut Butter that is 99% Peanuts and 1% salt?

Jiff is not made with lard, at least in the area I live.  Sorry, but those “real” peanut butters are dry.  I’ll take Jiff over them any day!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

Jiff is not made with lard, at least in the area I live.  Sorry, but those “real” peanut butters are dry.  I’ll take Jiff over them any day!  

I was going to say the same thing.  No lard in Jif any part of the United States. If it contained lard, then vegetarians could not eat PB.  It is made with hydrogenated vegetable oils though.  I eat organic 90 percent of the time, I eat pasture raised eggs and chicken.  I don't eat beef.  I don't drink alcohol or do any recreational drugs.   If I want a PB and J once a week with Jif, I'm going to eat it!!  Nothing HITS like Jif.  I'm not a fan of natural PB. 

8 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Ewwww.  You’re right.  We need to switch!

Your son is eating Skippy.  I don't think that contains lard just as Jif does not contain lard. 

Just now, cruise wizard said:

Peter Pan fan here.................

LOL.

To make this funny little peanut butter rant related to cruising.  Can we actually ask for PB on the ship?  Do they have little individual servings?  I don't recall seeing any on our last X cruise. 

I lived in Ontario, Canada for 8 yrs.  I would bring Jif back across the border since it wasn't available there.  My Canadian ex LOVED it so much. She had only ever eaten Kraft PB( what is sold in Canada).  

Really loving all your pictures! I am living vicariously through you and am enjoying “my cruise”! Keep enjoying every minute! What perfect weather……. My son was on a cruise to Bermuda a couple of weeks ago and it rained 2 out of the 3 days they were there. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

At the Captain’s Talk right now and a question was just asked about the turn down service.  The hotel manager said they are transitioning to a 1 and a half service, meaning they are cutting back on the full 2 times a day cleaning your cabin.  Basically one of those cleanings will only be half of a cleaning; not a full cleaning and towels will be replaced at request if needed a second time.  Personally, I don’t see a problem with this but I can see where this is leading; eventually one time a day cleaning.  Makes me sad if this happens; I love coming back to my room “turned down” at night.  It’s one of those things that makes cruising special.

Bummer. Fleetwide? If so another poor decision by Laura Hodges Bethge. RC is now down to one time a day (you pick AM or PM). That will be her next change. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

any Real peanut butter will have the OIl separated while on the shelf.

You just poor off most of the oil into a cup and blend it back into the peanuts and Wow you have spreadable REAL peanut butter!

I guess thats to hard for parents today who never read the contents on food labels.

Is Sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup in your peanut butter?

No wonder we see so many Fat kids these days?