LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

back on the ship now…

Ate lunch at “The Spot” in Hamilton. They are under different owners since 2019. They advertised the “best” fish sandwich but mine was underwhelming.  Don’t really recommend it.  My son said his cheeseburger was good though.  It looked good.

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Bummer. Fleetwide? If so another poor decision by Laura Hodges Bethge. RC is now down to one time a day (you pick AM or PM). That will be her next change. 

He didn’t state if it was fleetwide but I would think probably.  If not, perhaps Summit is the test. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

back on the ship now…

Ate lunch at “The Spot” in Hamilton. They are under different owners since 2019. They advertised the “best” fish sandwich but mine was underwhelming.  Don’t really recommend it.  My son said his cheeseburger was good though.  It looked good.

IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

Is that toasted raisin bread on your fish sandwich?? What kind of fish do they serve?? Any tartar sauce????

Welcome back onboard! On another thread, somebody mentioned that they have recently turned the Gelato station on deck 5 into the World Class Bar in the evenings on the Infinity, which is a M class sister ship to the Summit. Have you noticed if they have done this on the Summit? Thanks! 

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Is that toasted raisin bread on your fish sandwich?? What kind of fish do they serve?? Any tartar sauce????

It was toasted raisin bread.  I had snapper and my husband had wahoo for his sandwich (his was better).  It didn’t seem like it had tartar sauce.  More like mayo.  It also had lettuce and tomato.  It was boring.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

Welcome back onboard! On another thread, somebody mentioned that they have recently turned the Gelato station on deck 5 into the World Class Bar in the evenings on the Infinity, which is a M class sister ship to the Summit. Have you noticed if they have done this on the Summit? Thanks! 

It’s still Gelato

Life has kind of gotten in the way of me having fun here on Cruise Critic. I’m so glad I made it back here! I’m really enjoying following along with you and your family on the Summit!

You have totally convinced me that we need to book a cruise to Bermuda. I had it at the top of my list for a while, but I wasn’t seeing any Bermuda cruises out of our home port, Canaveral, for a while. As a result Bermuda slid down my priority list and we haven’t gotten there yet. That needs to change. 

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I like to make a calendar with pictures from our trips each year so I’ll have a fresh memory to look at every month for the next year. The hardest part of that fun project is always narrowing down the pictures to 13 - one for each month and one for the cover. All I have to do when I need to get back to my own happy place is to take a look at my picture of the month and it brings me right back there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

Life has kind of gotten in the way of me having fun here on Cruise Critic. I’m so glad I made it back here! I’m really enjoying following along with you and your family on the Summit!

You have totally convinced me that we need to book a cruise to Bermuda. I had it at the top of my list for a while, but I wasn’t seeing any Bermuda cruises out of our home port, Canaveral, for a while. As a result Bermuda slid down my priority list and we haven’t gotten there yet. That needs to change. 

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I like to make a calendar with pictures from our trips each year so I’ll have a fresh memory to look at every month for the next year. The hardest part of that fun project is always narrowing down the pictures to 13 - one for each month and one for the cover. All I have to do when I need to get back to my own happy place is to take a look at my picture of the month and it brings me right back there. 

what a great  idea to make a calendar!

we receive one of our grandsons each yr  as a holiday gift,  but always have space for another calendar..Thanks fir the suggestion!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

I love that idea for the calendar and bringing back the happy memories!  Yes, Bermuda is a “must see” bucket list for many.  It is truly a paradise on earth.  I’m so glad you’re enjoying this journey with us.❤️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I love that idea for the calendar and bringing back the happy memories!  Yes, Bermuda is a “must see” bucket list for many.  It is truly a paradise on earth.  I’m so glad you’re enjoying this journey with us.❤️

Have you tried Frog and Onion..right in the pier area... nice mix of Pax, locals and crew..good food & bevs!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, hcat said:

Have you tried Frog and Onion..right in the pier area... nice mix of Pax, locals and crew..good food & bevs!

Many times.  I used to eat there all the time in the 90’s and we’ve been there recently as a family.  Fun, “pirately” feeling atmosphere.