LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

Thank you for your fantastic pictures and trip blog! I haven’t been to Bermuda since before my marriage in 1975(!) and DH, the native New Yorker,  has never been interested. But your  pictures and commentary are making him reconsider,  especially since we live in the Boston area and can cruise out of either port. But I have to say, sailing out of Cape Liberty on Celebrity is the clear winner!

We are boarding the Summit in Reykjavík in 3 weeks and can’t wait, and your review is making me even more excited. Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

IMG_0499.jpeg

Love Marks & Sparks! Visited M&S on a trip to Gibraltar about 15 years ago & purchased some of their yummy jam. It was confiscated from my carry-on in Madrid at the airport! The Spanish TSA people kept telling me it was a liquid. M&S make a very thick jam, not liguid! My husband said the guy probably took it home for his family! Not nice!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

The Spanish TSA people kept telling me it was a liquid. M&S make a very thick jam, not liguid! My husband said the guy probably took it home for his family! Not nice!

That’s why you wrap in you clothes and keep it in you checked luggage 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 5:58 AM, hcat said:

what a great  idea to make a calendar!

we receive one of our grandsons each yr  as a holiday gift,  but always have space for another calendar..Thanks fir the suggestion!

That grandsons calendar sounds like a lot of very special memories, too! Glad you can find space for another special calendar. 

On 7/27/2023 at 6:14 AM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I love that idea for the calendar and bringing back the happy memories!  Yes, Bermuda is a “must see” bucket list for many.  It is truly a paradise on earth.  I’m so glad you’re enjoying this journey with us.❤️

Thanks for a great review! I’ve really enjoyed sailing along with you and your family. Thank you very much for taking us along with you! 

• Like 1

Good morning!  Wow!  Is it ever humid this morning.  It feels like 200% humidity out there (lol). I just opened the balcony door for about a minute to snap these photos and our mirror got all fogged up.  (We have a string of battery operated flamingo lights on our mirror in case you’re wondering what’s on the mirror).  So far no rain, just higher seas and it looks like higher swells and winds.  Can’t feel it on our balcony.  We are nice and sheltered.  Good thing because we have our bungee cord clothesline out there with bathing suits drying.  Don’t want to lose my new bathing suit in the Atlantic Ocean!

IMG_0855.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

• Like 2

Here are my two new favorite cruise “must haves”: 

A collapsible basin (easy to pack) and detergent strips for hand washing (for both on Amazon).  I don’t rather like washing our bathing suits in the sink as you never quite know it’s true level of cleanliness.  These two items worked out great for us this cruise.  It also doubled as an Epsom salt foot soak basin at night for me (after I cleaned it of course; I brought a small bottle of dish detergent for cleaning our glasses and the basin).  The detergent strips worked great; lots of suds and it got our items very clean.  I may even keep using them for my hand washing items back home!

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0860.jpeg

IMG_0861.jpeg

Edited by Cruzinforpeace***
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love the sea!  

Time for a stupid Dad joke from the memory vault of my father, the Captain. May he rest in peace. I know he’s laughing at this joke.  He loved his own jokes:

The captain’s voice can be heard over the ship’s intercom system (insert a thick Greek or Italian accent):

“Ladies and Gentleman may I have your attention please for a very important announcement from the bridge…

we have some gooda news and we have some badda news.  

First the badda news.    We are lost.   

NOW the gooda news…We’re a  maaakin a gooda time!”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_7664.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpeg

Edited by Cruzinforpeace***
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 7/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, Hobbsey said:

Originally built in 1963, this was the first ship to cruise under the Celebrity name.  Few folks today know what it was like to be on these narrow, deep draught steam ships.  I miss them dearly.  Edit on

Missed this earlier.  Yes, she had a 29 foot draft.  We could only dock in Dockyard because of our deep draft.  The Meridian was previously owned by the Vatican and then an Italian cruise company.  It used to have a class system (before X) so when traveling down the corridors you would hit dead ends because it used to be an entrance or stairwell to a different class. I used to get all creeped out when that would happen.  There were mirrors everywhere and it always felt like someone was watching you.  Mind you this was before we had cameras everywhere.  She truly was “all ship”.  Beautiful wooden decks and rails everywhere.  Low ceilings.  Our showroom was the size of one of the lounges on today’s ships.  Our shows were great though.  Simple but elegant.  The costumes were out of this world gorgeous. We had a live band.  Smoking was still allowed all over the ship and I hated having smoke being blown in my face while singing my songs.  That was the only “stinky” part.  The midnight buffets were unbelievable and the food at all times was amazing back then.  I have very special memories of those days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Someone also asked if I’ve ever been to Horseshoe Bay.  Yes, many times.  It’s beautiful but VERY crowded.  I prefer less crowds so I search out the less known locations.  ALL the beaches in Bermuda are beautiful but some can be a bit rocky; you may need swim shoes.  Where we typically go (St Catherine’s) is very sandy.  Also some beaches (including Horseshoe Bay) can have some wave action.  I like it calm and “peaceful”🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2