Flying Miami to Barbados, cruise from Barbados to Miami best parking option?

schmidlapp

We're driving from southwest Florida to Miami, need to park vehicle for 2 weeks. We fly from Miami to Barbados, cruise back to Miami. Looking for best parking option either at Airport or Port. I know there are options, looking for recommendations. 

Thanks in advance...

I would rent a vehicle from your home area for a minimum twenty four hour period to get over to Miami. At the conclusion of your cruise rent a vehicle from the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center for the trip back to Southwest Florida. This scenario would be better than parking your personal vehicle at a lot in the Miami area. It would be a lot cheaper too. I have read too many sad stories regarding parking in the Miami area. They involve damaged vehicles, poor security, stolen gas from parked vehicles m, etc.

• Like 2

I agree with Corby 110%

IF you must drive your own vehicle and park I suggest one of the AIRPORT extended parking off sites ... taking their transport to the airport and a transfer to the cruise port from there. It will be more steps but probably cost less and there are long standing off site parking places at the airport while I can NOT recommend any near the cruise port.

<p.s. I worked in downtown Miami for years .... and at the port for more time .... and I cruise from there somewhat routinely. If between a rock and a hard place I park at the PORT and not at a 'port off site' altho I use such a place in Canaveral with NO WORRIES ..... different places and circumstances>

• 3 weeks later...

I hope for your sake but I just called & the they told me they no longer have a shuttle to the port. We plan to drive over from Naples but now probably will park in the port. 

Edited by dabear
clarity

1 minute ago, dabear said:

I hope for your sake but I just called & the they told me they no longer have a shuttle to the port

I didn’t know they ever had a shuttle to the port. They give a $25 Uber card. So they said they no longer have a shuttle to the airport. Did they say “we don’t have a Park and Cruise package anymore.”?

I didn't ask that question. They quoted me $18/day for parking. Our terminal parking lot at the port is $22/day, so I guess we will park there for the convenience & pay a little more.

28 minutes ago, dabear said:

I didn't ask that question. They quoted me $18/day for parking. Our terminal parking lot at the port is $22/day, so I guess we will park there for the convenience & pay a little more.