Last minute bookings

burritopunk

Hello all, I am a 19 year old wanting to take a cruise with my ladylove and her older sister and her boyfriend. I don't have unlimited resources as far as money goes, but the sailing we would like to partake in is RCCL's Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore, MD because we can drive rather than flying. I can find some other cruises out of Galveston for $700, but the airfare jacks the price up to where we see no advantage. Anyway, onto my question. If I end up waiting a month or so before the sailing date, what are the odds of a vacancy? (We are wanting to cruise late June, or any July dates). These months are prime season so I just wanted to know if its worth it to bite the bullet and pay now or wait for a possible deal. Thanks!

It shouldn't be a problem booking within a month if you don't mind where you are at on the ship and of course one of you is at least 21 years of age. Most cruiselines don't like the idea of teens being on the ship alone.:rolleyes:

At 19, you're not going to be cruising on any RCCI ship, as their minimum age to cruise without a parent or guardian is 21. If you're under that age, you must have someone age 25 or older in the same cabin with you and present a signed document from a parent giving you permission to cruise while underage. I know that 18 is considered the "legal" age for emacipation, but for cruise lines, who've had many problems with teens trashing their ships, they've had to institute their minimum age rules. Sorry about that.

Per the Royal Caribbean website:

" Effective July 1, 2005 guests under the age of 21 must be booked in a stateroom with an adult who is 21 years or older."

I will be booking a stateroom with a 23 year old and my girlfriend with a 22 year old, so this shouldn't be a problem...am I right?

If I end up waiting a month or so before the sailing date, what are the odds of a vacancy? (We are wanting to cruise late June, or any July dates). These months are prime season so I just wanted to know if its worth it to bite the bullet and pay now or wait for a possible deal. Thanks!

As you say, they are prime season so will probably fill up well before the 30 days prior to sailing especially if it is a popular itinerary. It might also be difficult for the four of you to get cabins together if that is important.

If it is important to go (special date, only vacation time or special occasion) I wouldn't chance it. If the risk of being left at the dock is worth trying to save a couple hundred bucks then try it.

You will definitely be taking a chance by waiting until the last minute to book. The ship will either be sold out, or so close to capacity that prices will not drop, but increase. If you really want to go, book your reservations now.

Archived