Azura - couple of quick queries please.

LW71

Hi 

We are travelling on Azura from Malta soon and have a couple of quick queries please: 

• Refresh package - I realize this includes draft soft drinks only.  As well as drinking in bars and restaurants, I assume these drinks can be taken back to your cabin?
  • Are there water dispensers on board to access drinking water (we've been on Marella previously and they had this). 
  • On the formal / celebration nights will we still be able to request a table for 2?
  • On the formal / celebration nights are there any complimentary drinks? i.e. welcome drinks and what are the options (husband doesn't drink wine).
  • Our flight doesn't arrive until 6pm - are there any shops nearby where we can grab a few bottles of water to take on board?

Many thanks

• Refresh package - I realize this includes draft soft drinks only.  As well as drinking in bars and restaurants, I assume these drinks can be taken back to your cabin? Yes
  • Are there water dispensers on board to access drinking water (we've been on Marella previously and they had this). Yes in the buffet
  • On the formal / celebration nights will we still be able to request a table for 2? Cant see why not
  • On the formal / celebration nights are there any complimentary drinks? i.e. welcome drinks and what are the options (husband doesn't drink wine). Yes, a variety of drinks are on trays with waiters walking around
  • Our flight doesn't arrive until 6pm - are there any shops nearby where we can grab a few bottles of water to take on board? Yes there is a shop right next to the dock, you walk through it on the way to the ship, whether its open late I am not sure

Many thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LW71 said:

CCFC - thanks so much for the quick and helpful response!

I may be incorrect .but the "free" drinks are usually at the captains welcome and at the pennisular event , on formal/celebration nights you will have to buy your own  

• Like 1

Just now, gsmt47471015 said:

I may be incorrect .but the "free" drinks are usually at the captains welcome and at the pennisular event , on formal/celebration nights you will have to buy your own  

Sorry also to clarify on formal/celebration evenings you can request a table for two ,although you may have to wait via pager as it always  busy on these evenings

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, purplesea said:

On my recent cruises, there were no waiters walking around with trays of free drinks. Drinks were issued via a voucher from waiting staff or at bars.

On my cruise over the last two weeks on Britannia the waiters were coming around with drinks on trays, and then as the captain was late turning up for his speech, they came around multiple times with bottles topping up the drinks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, purplesea said:

On my recent cruises, there were no waiters walking around with trays of free drinks. Drinks were issued via a voucher from waiting staff or at bars.

One voucher for one drink.

• Like 1

Just now, kalos said:

We used to buy a couple of bottles from shops when in port .

When we've been somewhere hot we've done both ! In Kusadasi remember just getting off a Celebrity ship to stock up on water and then get back on for a lazy day. We weren't sure about the ports this time so got the cans of water to keep us going. Don't like the ship's water so just got the water

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Re water, we got cans of water from the cabin steward. It wasn't too expensive

We take a couple of bottles back to the ship from the port visits.  The tinned water tastes a bit...  tinny.

2 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

We take water bottles with in built filters and find that really helps with the taste of the ship water

Sticking some in the fridge helps. Fill the bottles up in the bathroom. Same water as the bars.

• Like 2