Greece in November

Beth and Bailey

Our cruise visits Santorini, Mykonos and Kusadasi (ending in Athens) the first week of November.  I know the beaches and supporting areas will be all but closed for the season.   We have a tour scheduled for Kusadasi, but any recommendations for Santorini/Mykonos are welcome.

Just reading your post but not entirely sure of your question because you refer to the beaches being closed. Imagine if they were open, that is where you would be heading?

Are you asking for excursion suggestions in Santorini and Mykonos? First thing I'd recommend is doing two searches of the boards using the search box located in the menu bar (in the dark blue) further up the page) using the following terms:

Excursions Mykonos

Excursions Santorini

Results will list multiple posts for each inquiry and you can click on any link that looks interesting and scroll through posts. You can post in that topic or, if you'd like to, come back here and add to this topic with more questions about what you've found on the search, get feedback on tours and operators.

You'll get helpful answers and info when the community members have a clear understanding of what you're interested in doing, putting their vast experience to great success in helping fellow CC members.

I hope this helps!

On 7/22/2023 at 12:11 PM, Beth and Bailey said:

Our cruise visits Santorini, Mykonos and Kusadasi (ending in Athens) the first week of November.  I know the beaches and supporting areas will be all but closed for the season.   We have a tour scheduled for Kusadasi, but any recommendations for Santorini/Mykonos are welcome.

From Mykonos you can either walk around Mykonos Town for an easy, casual day (a few restaurants and stores MAY be closed, but most will be open -- I have cruised the Med in November several times).  Or take a boat over to nearby Delos which is an important ancient site; easy to do on your own or ships offer excursions. Here is a recent post on it to which I contributed some info and how-tos:

There is a lot of info on Santorini here, I would suggest reading through it. Other than beaches, there is the charming village of Oia (the one where everyone gets photos of the whitewashed buildings with blue domes.....), the very ancient ruins of Akrotiri, visits to wineries, and the town nearest where the tenders land, Fira, which has several museums and lots of shops and restaurants.

The challenge can be getting UP to the top of the cliff from the tender point -- it is a well-known choke point when several large ships are discharging passengers. Just reading about it may convince you to take a ship excursion in order to avoid waiting for hours to 1) tender ashore and 2) get up the cliff to Fira.

• Like 1