NCL Encore vs Escape

hrmkr

Hello,

I am looking at 2 different cruises in Feb.  They both go to the same ports (Great Stirrup Cay, Puerta Plata, St. Thomas and Tortola)

Encore leaves from Miami and Escape leaves from Port Canaveral.

Looking at an inside cabin on either ship and the price difference is only $50.

Wanted to get opinions on which ship to go on. Would be nice if there was anyone that was on both ships and could give pros/cons for each ship.

Thanks for your help

Edited by hrmkr
typo

• hrmkr changed the title to NCL Encore vs Escape

We are also cruising in February and looked at both of these cruises.   While we love the Escape, we opted for the Encore as we prefer to leave out of Miami than Port Canaveral.   That alone was our deciding factor since there are a lot more flight options (Miami and Fort Lauderdale) and hotel options for the Miami cruise.

I haven't been on both ships, but the Escape has MUCH more free-to-use sundeck space.  Escape has Spice plus the entire port side on deck 19 forward of the pool deck.  Escape lacks the Observation Lounge, but for a warmer-weather itinerary that's not as critical of a venue to have, IMO.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I haven't been on both ships, but the Escape has MUCH more free-to-use sundeck space.  Escape has Spice plus the entire port side on deck 19 forward of the pool deck.  Escape lacks the Observation Lounge, but for a warmer-weather itinerary that's not as critical of a venue to have, IMO.

Very valid point and important for those who like the sun and do not want to purchase a Vibe pass.    Our Vibe passes have been reserved since last July so it did not play into our decision.   

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 4:56 PM, hrmkr said:

Looking at an inside cabin on either ship and the price difference is only $50

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I haven't been on both ships, but the Escape has MUCH more free-to-use sundeck space.

These 2 things together give the edge to Escape...unless go-karts are important.

• Like 1