Best way to book 3 kids to Alaska

We are considering a 7-day Alaska cruise roundtrip from Seattle. Does anyone have advice on the best way to book with three children (ages would be 8,10, 11). I'd want a balcony. I'm not sure if we'll need to book a balcony cabin and then an inside cabin across the hall. I'm not sure how we'll be able to qualify well for "kids sail free." Thanks for any advice!

I think each cabin is required to have someone over the age of 18, so using the inside cabin just for the kids would not work. How about adjoining cabins - they are marked on the deck plan - they have an inside door making it a two room suite - depending on the cabin choices the prices would vary. 

Having a verandah cabin is very nice for Alaska, but not essential as there are many other observation spaces on the ship -both indoors and out. So two connecting ocean view cabins could work to keep the price down.

• Like 2

If you can look at a Pinnacle class ship, there are family cabins that would hold your entire family in one cabin. 
I don't know if any Pinnacle class ships do Alaska out of Seattle, but it might be worth checking on, or widening your horizons to a Vancouver departure. 

• Like 1

HAL has told us they don't care who sleeps where, once onboard go to GS for them to swap keys however you want them to be. Just need an adult name on each cabin.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo