Celebrity - Boston Excursion after Disembarkation

Islander500

Celebrity runs an excursion in Boston after disembarkation for those flying home later in the afternoon. We are planning to visit Boston before the cruise so just looking for feedback from those who have done the Celebrity Boston excursion after disembarking the cruise.

The posted description is so vague, not sure I event understand what exactly they do until drop-off.  All the time driving around on a bus?  Are there any stops where you actually get off the bus?  Where? 

Please share any details and provide feedback; was it worth it to you vs 6/7 hours waiting at the airport. 

Thanks! 

We've taken two of these bus tours in different cities, including Boston.  One we didn't book ahead of time.  We walked off the boat and into the area where these were boarding and the driver hooked us on a deal.  Don't recall the price and don't recall if it was a better deal than the ship offered (though you can bet it wasn't pricier).

Essentially:

• You throw all your luggage into the back of a large tour van and then wait for the van to fill.  (It was a long wait, and probably the only bummer of the deal).  I'm guessing our van held 20-28 people in 2x2 seating.
  • You're on a city tour in an air-conditioned van (though I would confirm it's blowing cold before buying in). It was comfortable for us.
  • There are typically two runs to the airport depending upon when you and the rest of the passengers need to catch flights.  If you're on a later flight, they will dump some people off at the airport then resume the tour and then dump the rest of the passengers off at the airport a little later.
  • As an option to spend time tooling around the city, we found it preferrable to sitting around the airport.  
  • Yes, I would book this option again since it didn't cost me too much more than transportation to the airport without the tour.

No experience with the celebrity tour, but this water taxi sounds promising.  Gets you from ship to main harbor area where they will store luggage, then taxi across to water later to BOS airport. 

https://www.bostonwatertaxi.com/cruise-ship-special

we have it booked for Sept and think it sounds just right for us to kill 6 hours before our flight, maybe do lunch and a museum or something. 

15 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

No experience with the celebrity tour, but this water taxi sounds promising.  Gets you from ship to main harbor area where they will store luggage, then taxi across to water later to BOS airport. 

we have it booked for Sept and think it sounds just right for us to kill 6 hours before our flight, maybe do lunch and a museum or something. 

That was one of the options I was thinking of, Dobby

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

That sounds perfect.  Thank you!