What to do in Bari Italy, Kotor Montenegro, and Corfu Greece

CHammond

Hello, I am on the Italy, Adriatic, and Greece 2 week cruise and am having a hard time deciding on which excursions to take in those 3 ports, if anyone has any recommendations for these ports or any other on this cruise, please chime in. Thanks in advance!

We did 21 days on Sky in September and here's what we did in each of these places (with pics and descriptions).

In Bari, go to Alberobello: https://jktravelredmond.com/2022/09/17/beautiful-bari-and-alberobello-italy/

In Kotor, climb the coolest hill ever: https://jktravelredmond.com/2022/09/08/kotor-in-four-parts-sail-in-olives-climbing-and-the-dark/ 

In Corfu: https://jktravelredmond.com/2022/09/06/corfu-and-some-more-thoughts-on-viking-sky/ 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

Scenic bus ride in Kotor to Citinge (spelling not accurate) takes you up switchback road to see rural Montenegro and a village and museum was one of the best excursions between Istanbul and Venice

We did that tour in June and loved it.  The little town is Cetinje (we were there on a Sunday and it was quiet, but beautiful to stroll around).

20230604_092345.jpg

20230604_110718.jpg

20230604_111024.jpg

20230604_121005.jpg

• Like 1

In Corfu we did the 4x4 Jeep excursion through Viking.  Really Really enjoyed it!  The women leading the tour was a little lackadaisical about ensuring all the Jeeps were behind her, but other than the adventure of getting lost and having to find the rest of the group, it was a blast.  Plus there was a snack/wine/Ouzo stop in this little ancient village at the top of the mountain which was wonderful.  Can't say I loved the Ouzo though! 🥴

20230605_102812.jpg

20230605_122828.jpg

Kotor was one of the most beautiful ports ever.  Be sure to be on deck sailing into it!

You go  between high mountains and past 2 picturesque islands.

Six of us took a Tours by Locals which included a walking tour of old Kotor (beautiful) and partially around it's walls, then a speed boat to Our Lady of the Rocks (one of those small islands) and to  Perest. Then a ride back with local music playing on board - really beautiful!!

Cost was $137 per couple in March 2023.

(I see that I used the word "beautiful" a few times - it's true)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CHammond said:

Hello, I am on the Italy, Adriatic, and Greece 2 week cruise and am having a hard time deciding on which excursions to take in those 3 ports, if anyone has any recommendations for these ports or any other on this cruise, please chime in. Thanks in advance!

We did that cruise and would love to do it again; Croatia and Montenegro were fantastic in particular. 

In Dubrovnik we walked the wall; if you're physically able, it's a great walk to take, although for someone afraid of heights like I am, it was a real accomplishment to get up there. 🙂

Best meal we had was in the walled city in Dubrovnik, at Proto; it's in a little alley to the right as you come out of the entrance gateway.

I do wish we'd gone to see the Krka waterfalls; we did a walk through Corfu and had a great time in the shops. In Bari, Italy, we didn't do much because Italy was just coming out of the lockdown, and cruise passengers weren't allowed to meander on their own without a guide. We had an excellent tour guide there though, probably the best we've ever had (and many people said the same thing); nice town, wish we could have seen more.

If you're a fan of the Godfather movies, I highly recommend the tour in Sicily into the villages where some of the films were made--not only is it fascinating to see the sites I know so well from the movies, but the villages are beautiful as well. 

7 hours ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

In Corfu we did the 4x4 Jeep excursion through Viking.  Really Really enjoyed it!  The women leading the tour was a little lackadaisical about ensuring all the Jeeps were behind her, but other than the adventure of getting lost and having to find the rest of the group, it was a blast.  Plus there was a snack/wine/Ouzo stop in this little ancient village at the top of the mountain which was wonderful.  Can't say I loved the Ouzo though! 🥴

20230605_102812.jpg

20230605_122828.jpg

Ouzo -- an acquired taste -- anise / licorice flavor liquor.  Can be enjoyed neat. Or on the rocks --will cloud up -- due to sugar content.  Be careful -- can creep up you (My Big Fat Greek Wedding scene).

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info
  • Like 1