Car rental in San Diego?

Are there any car rental companies near the port, or who will deliver to the port?  We are in town until 11:00 pm so thinking renting a car for the day would be a nice idea.  But I am not seeing any close by.  Does anyone have any experience renting a car in San Diego?

There is an Avis/budget in little Italy (1670 Kettner) that is about half mile walk from the cruise port.  The main car rental family is further, adjacent to SAN airport.  

not sure if either have a shuttle that drops off at the cruise port, but I doubt it since the airport now uses an on-site consolidated shuttle to the combined rental facility, doubt there is much in incentive to maintain each’s own shuttle service.  

but a 15 min walk, or a $10 Uber should get you to the nearest rental agency.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

There is an Avis/budget in little Italy (1670 Kettner) that is about half mile walk from the cruise port.  The main car rental family is further, adjacent to SAN airport.  

not sure if either have a shuttle that drops off at the cruise port, but I doubt it since the airport now uses an on-site consolidated shuttle to the combined rental facility, doubt there is much in incentive to maintain each’s own shuttle service.  

but a 15 min walk, or a $10 Uber should get you to the nearest rental agency.  Enjoy!

Thank you.