Virgin heading to Israel?

jamesv92

Being nosey on port schedules and noticed Scarlet Lady is booked in to Haifa for a long day on 3rd June and 5th August next year.

Would like to see some different destinations for virgin on European itineraries so would be quite excited if they're heading to Israel! 

5 hours ago, jamesv92 said:

Being nosey on port schedules and noticed Scarlet Lady is booked in to Haifa for a long day on 3rd June and 5th August next year.

Would like to see some different destinations for virgin on European itineraries so would be quite excited if they're heading to Israel! 

Assuming by next year you mean 2024 that must be an error as Scarlet Lady has cruises on sale for the Mediterranean. She is scheduled to be in Toulon on the 3rd June 2024 and Marseille on the 5th August 2024.

3 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Assuming by next year you mean 2024 that must be an error as Scarlet Lady has cruises on sale for the Mediterranean. She is scheduled to be in Toulon on the 3rd June 2024 and Marseille on the 5th August 2024.

With virgin's track record on cancellations and itinerary adjustments I wouldn't rule anything out! 

41 minutes ago, jamesv92 said:

With virgin's track record on cancellations and itinerary adjustments I wouldn't rule anything out! 

I think there is pretty much certainty that Scarlet Lady is using Barcelona as the home port for the 2024 summer season. I think it can be ruled out that the ship will be going to Haifa. Valiant Lady offered the same Barcelona itineraries in 2022 and 2023 with Scarlet doing them in 2024. I see no reason that’s going to change.

5 hours ago, jon81uk said:

I think there is pretty much certainty that Scarlet Lady is using Barcelona as the home port for the 2024 summer season.

That should be correct since she's primarily going over there for her first scheduled dry dock. It will be interesting to see if she's going to come back to Miami in Winter 2024 or if Valiant will become the new Miami ship. 

Israel has major unrest now due to protests against Netanyahu.  I doubt VV will dock there.

I was lucky that on another cruiseline we were able to tour several historic sites when people were not upset enough to demonstrate.  I did hear a bomb go off in Jerusalem though.

3 hours ago, RBCal said:

Israel has major unrest now due to protests against Netanyahu.  I doubt VV will dock there.

I was lucky that on another cruiseline we were able to tour several historic sites when people were not upset enough to demonstrate.  I did hear a bomb go off in Jerusalem though.

I think by June the protests will have settled down.  Haifa is amazing.