1 day schedule, doable ?

sebas030

It's been a few years since I visited Bermuda and this will be my teens first time there.

I plan to take a taxi tour and I want to :

Leave dockyard as early as possible ( docking time of 9 am )

Visit the draw bridge

Go up the lighthouse

Look at horseshoe bay

Go through Hamilton

Short stop at the BAZM

end tour a the caves

Is this ok for a 3 hour tour ??

Then next we would do the caves, regular taxi to St-Georges, visit a little and ferry back to the Dockyard.

Total of 6 hours MAX, is this doable ?

Thank you in advance,

12 hours ago, sebas030 said:

It's been a few years since I visited Bermuda and this will be my teens first time there.

Visit the draw bridge

Go up the lighthouse

Look at horseshoe bay

Go through Hamilton

Short stop at the BAZM

end tour a the caves

Is this ok for a 3 hour tour ??

Then next we would do the caves, regular taxi to St-Georges, visit a little and ferry back to the Dockyard.

Total of 6 hours MAX, is this doable ?

Thank you in advance,

You could do it if you pay attention to your watch and get the cooperation of the taxi driver. You say six hours max. That concerns me. If you are leaving that day I probably would skip St,. George's. 

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You could do it if you pay attention to your watch and get the cooperation of the taxi driver. You say six hours max. That concerns me. If you are leaving that day I probably would skip St,. George's. 

Good morning Charles,

This will be my 4th time in Bermuda but the last 3 trips I was docked for 3 days. This time around I am there from 9am to 4:15pm only.

Ending the day in St-Georges is almost necessary as I plan to take the ferry back to the Dockyard. If I skip St-Georges after the caves I would taxi back to Hamilton ( around $40 ) and then ferry to the Dockyard? maybe the cost of the taxi is worth it to make it all fit in a short day...

Obviously I don't want to wait 30 minutes at the Dockyard for an other couple to share a taxi before we leave in the morning. Do you think my party of 3 for 3 hours will have difficulty finding a driver willing to take us ?

In the past I have pre arrange my tours but now there isn't a list of recommended driver anymore on CC I think.

Thank you,

I'm sure that you can arrange something with the drivers who line up ready to take passengers for excursions.  Your time will be limited, so plan very carefully. Keep travel time in mind. You need to be back on board the ship at least 1 half hour before sailaway.

Another option would be a ship-trip.  They get you there and back on time, and if they run late, the ship will wait for you.  Not always the case with private tours.

10 hours ago, sebas030 said:

In the past I have pre arrange my tours but now there isn't a list of recommended driver anymore on CC I think.

I would check with Heidi Cowan at Byways Tours for prices and availability. She could probably do all on your list in 6 hours and get you back to the ship on time. 

https://www.bermudabyways.com

Change of plans...

Gibb's hill Lighthouse opens at 10h, so leaving at 9am from the dockyard would have me waiting about 40 minutes before they open ( I really do not have that time to wait there 😅 )

Are the blue flag taxi's only available at the Dockyard ?

I could jump on the first ferry to St-Georges ( free or not ), taxi to the caves, tour the caves and then I would like to hire a taxi to do the 3h tour back to the Dockyard and stop at the Lighthouse on the way.

Anyone know if hiring a Blue flag taxi from the caves in the morning is possible ?

And, can a regular taxi be hired per hour like the Blue flag taxi ?

Thank you all in advance

7 hours ago, sebas030 said:

Anyone know if hiring a Blue flag taxi from the caves in the morning is possible ?

And, can a regular taxi be hired per hour like the Blue flag taxi ?

The Blue Flag taxi means the driver has taken a guide course. Not all drivers take it so at the Caves you might or might not find a Blue Flag driver but I think any driver could be hired per hour but remember there is a three hour minimium for the tour rate if they were willing. You would just tell the driver where you want to stop. I think if the driver did not want to take you for 3 hours they would call a driver who would. I don't know for sure but it seems like a driver would like to do it. It would be a guaranteed 3 hour fare. 

Thank you Charles,

Depending on what time the first ferry to St-Georges leaves I just might do that. Hope for a taxi at the caves, having one being called is a good alternative.

I will offer $150 ( 3h at $50/hour ) for the tour and mention I will pay the full fare even if it takes 2 or 2 1/2 hours... it should take me back to the dockyard on time while still doing everything on my list.

On 7/25/2023 at 7:27 AM, sebas030 said:

Visit the draw bridge

LOL.  It's a glorified two by four.

32 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

It is a plank. It is the worlds smallest drawbridge. It opens wide enough to allow the masts of sailboats going under Somerset Bridge to pass. I think it is kind of neat. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Been there a few times already, I know what it looks like. Still the world's smallest and feeding the fish with bread is fun anyways.