Switch drink packages on two day cruise

triple7tahoe

We are presently booked on a 2 day cruise from Seattle to Vancouver and then staying aboard for 27 days to Australia. We have the regular drink package for both cruises. I am wondering if we switched to the top package for the first two days how would they handle the two specialty dining portions of that package. I can only guess that it will be almost impossible to get into specialty restaurants during the two day portion and wonder if they might extend the offer? I have a call into Princess and awaiting their response but thought I would put it on here for discussion.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

We are presently booked on a 2 day cruise from Seattle to Vancouver and then staying aboard for 27 days to Australia. We have the regular drink package for both cruises. I am wondering if we switched to the top package for the first two days how would they handle the two specialty dining portions of that package. I can only guess that it will be almost impossible to get into specialty restaurants during the two day portion and wonder if they might extend the offer? I have a call into Princess and awaiting their response but thought I would put it on here for discussion.

You will not get the Final Answer from Princess reps at HQ as all they will tell you is the policy which you already know.  You can inquire on board and see what they say.

I did see one post in the past week where someone reported that CG and Sabi's were opened up for noon dining on a sea day or two.  It might be an experiment or might have been done to alleviate the demand for bookings on that voyage.

34 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

do it - then try to book the specialty dinners - if not available, DEMAND, j/k - inquire about refundable credit for the value of those dinners that Princess promised, then couldn't provide.

2 day cruise is PERFECT for the Premier package upgrade from PLUS