Carnival Miami Port Parking - Prefer previous experience.

georgia_dogg

So I see that Carnival has their own parking garage D/E at the Port of Miami terminal. From what I have read from other forums including Cruise Critic, previous Carnival cruisers have described a nightmare due to on-going construction in that ALL elevators were in-operable and part of garage is blocked off. For summer of 2023, 1, Is this true, 2, does the main terminal drive have clear signs stating Carnival parking and 3, is there numerous handicap parking spots? If the construction nightmare IS true, where else are Carnival cruisers parking?

Thanks ahead of time for your response!

There is no "Carnival" parking. There will be signs that say which garage/lot to park in. I don't recall there being a ton of handicap spots like at Ex: Disney World. There are several garages/lots.

Most of the time, the ship is not across from the parking, so I would advise dropping off passengers who cannot walk far and luggage first before parking. There is a shuttle to the garage/lot if it's not across the street. 

I would only recommend parking at the pier, there are really no good off-port options in Miami. 

• Like 1

Agree with previous poster.  Parked at both and prefer the one (not sure of the letter) bu closest to the Virgin cruise building.  There were def handicapped spots. Maybe 50 or so but all were taken by the time we got there around 10:30

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Agree with previous poster.  Parked at both and prefer the one (not sure of the letter) bu closest to the Virgin cruise building.  There were def handicapped spots. Maybe 50 or so but all were taken by the time we got there around 10:30

That's parking lot "G". We parked there for our Celebration cruise. There were plenty of handicap spots when we got there, but that was around 9:30. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

That's parking lot "G". We parked there for our Celebration cruise. There were plenty of handicap spots when we got there, but that was around 9:30. :classic_cool:

Thanks Jeff.  We were jeaded for the back two garages (letter unknown) nad we saw that one was open.  It was for our Celebration cruise also.  The Horizon is up a ways in the shute, so we always ahd packed closer to the ship for that 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We always park at the port as well and I was going to suggest to get there rather early to secure a handicapped spot. You have to hit the right balance between getting there early enough that new cruisers haven’t taken them all but the previous cruisers have already exited. As mentioned, unless the handicapped person needs a wheelchair or scooter and requires extra time and space to exit the vehicle, drop off is often a better choice to cut down on the distance walked. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

JIMBO, did you encounter any construction in the parking garage you parked at and/or were the elevators working? Also, are the handicap spots in covered garage or out in the open?

13 hours ago, georgia_dogg said:

JIMBO, did you encounter any construction in the parking garage you parked at and/or were the elevators working? Also, are the handicap spots in covered garage or out in the open?

No construction while we were there. Handicap spots were in the covered garage, and the elevators were working. 

We used the parking garage G during the week of July 8 while we were on an 8 day cruise on the Horizon. It cost $176 to park for 8 days.

BTW, the Horizon docked at terminal F, which you pass on the way to the garage. You can see the garage from the terminal, it is on the left side of the road very easy walk from the garage to the terminal.
We dropped our luggage off with the porters and DW stayed in the area while I parked the car. There are 3 levels of covered parking spaces with additional outside parking on the 4th and 5th levels.

The elevators worked, we arrived at the port/parking garage at 11:00am.

Very easy parking process. 

1 hour ago, BnDcruisers said:

We used the parking garage G during the week of July 8 while we were on an 8 day cruise on the Horizon. It cost $176 to park for 8 days.

BTW, the Horizon docked at terminal F, which you pass on the way to the garage. You can see the garage from the terminal, it is on the left side of the road very easy walk from the garage to the terminal.
We dropped our luggage off with the porters and DW stayed in the area while I parked the car. There are 3 levels of covered parking spaces with additional outside parking on the 4th and 5th levels.

The elevators worked, we arrived at the port/parking garage at 11:00am.

Very easy parking process. 

We were on the same cruise as you! Hope you had a great trip. We did! 

I just wanted to add that Horizon docks at terminal D when Celebration is there also. So, there are times when it departs from D and arrives at F, or vice versa.  

You can check here to see where Horizon will be:

Port Miami Online Services (miamidade.gov)