changes `since 2019 - 20?

trish1c

I was still working right after the restart on the Encore.  Zoomed at least one meeting/day.  Worked fine.  But, I think we were sailing at like 70% capacity at the time.  So, probably the bandwidth wasn't taxed as much.

Tried the same on a Royal ship, Ovation, in May of '22.  No way I could Zoom.  And, just trying to get a web page to load (like CC) was dismal, to the point I'd have to constantly reload just to make sure the connection wasn't dropped.

I did MSC Divina out of MIA.  It was dismal, too.

Bottom line, regardless of the cruise line, or the particular marketing terms they use denoting their "speedy" internet, it's anything but.

42 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Bottom line, regardless of the cruise line, or the particular marketing terms they use denoting their "speedy" internet, it's anything but.

Agreed. I *think* I'm in the majority when I say this, but maybe not. I cruise for vacation. To relax, have fun, see neat places, meet great people, eat, drink, sleep, etc. The one thing I do NOT do on vacation is work. To me, they are antonyms; you either work or you vacation. Now, I do occasionally meet someone who is working while onboard the ships, but in my view, to the extent such a person needs internet, that's a mistake. And yet I have seen people complain that they're dissatisfied with the internet speeds. Well, no s***, Sherlock, we're on vacation! I'll never understand people who choose to work while others are vacationing and then complain about the 'business unfriendly' environment. It's like people who whip out their cellphones in a large crowd and then say "would you please quiet down, I'm trying to have a private conversation!" Now THAT is entitled! 😂😆🤷‍♂️

Edited by DCGuy64
  • Like 1