Are there any new Marriott Bonvoy hotels very close to Port Everglades with views of the ships in port?

Fivelinks

I have Marriott Bonvoy points to use and will be flying in the night before my cruise out of Port Everglades. There is a good size group of us with a few new to cruising whom I hoped would get to see the ships in port from the hotel. I am looking for new/newer hotel from this group that is VERY clean with good places to eat nearby. Hopefully I can get some recommendations. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Fivelinks said:

I have Marriott Bonvoy points to use and will be flying in the night before my cruise out of Port Everglades. There is a good size group of us with a few new to cruising whom I hoped would get to see the ships in port from the hotel. I am looking for new/newer hotel from this group that is VERY clean with good places to eat nearby. Hopefully I can get some recommendations. Thanks!

The closest Marriott property to PE is definitely the Renaissance on 17th. If you get a high floor AND have the right room orientation, the views of the port and the ships are quite nice.  It's also pretty much the closest hotel to the port. Only issue with the Renaissance is the construction of the new convention center going on right across from the hotel, but when we were there a few months ago, the views weren't blocked from our higher room. Slightly better views are seen from the Hilton Marina across the causeway/bridge, but it's obviously not a Marriott

17 hours ago, lx200gps said:

The closest Marriott property to PE is definitely the Renaissance on 17th. If you get a high floor AND have the right room orientation, the views of the port and the ships are quite nice.  It's also pretty much the closest hotel to the port. Only issue with the Renaissance is the construction of the new convention center going on right across from the hotel, but when we were there a few months ago, the views weren't blocked from our higher room. Slightly better views are seen from the Hilton Marina across the causeway/bridge, but it's obviously not a Marriott

Thanks for the information! This is one I am considering. How about ocean front hotels that are still close enough like Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa? It looks like the next closest then continuing down the beach I see Courtyard FL Beach, Marriott Beach Tower, the new AC Hotel, and Westin. Does anyone have experience with any of these and ease of getting from the airport day before then to the port the day of cruise?

On 7/26/2023 at 2:51 PM, Fivelinks said:

I have Marriott Bonvoy points to use and will be flying in the night before my cruise out of Port Everglades. There is a good size group of us with a few new to cruising whom I hoped would get to see the ships in port from the hotel.

17th Street runs east-west and once over the intracoastal bridge, turns north. Port Everglades is completely south of 17th Street so once the road turns north, it gets further and further away from the port. The Renaissance is likely your best choice and you'd need to arrange with the hotel to get high floors and rooms facing the port. Keep in mind that any ships there on your arrival date will likely have sailed out by 5PM or so. Ships sailing on your sailing date would likely be there by 6am or 7am and you could see them before you head to the terminal.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

On 7/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, Fivelinks said:

Thanks for the information! This is one I am considering. How about ocean front hotels that are still close enough like Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa? It looks like the next closest then continuing down the beach I see Courtyard FL Beach, Marriott Beach Tower, the new AC Hotel, and Westin. Does anyone have experience with any of these and ease of getting from the airport day before then to the port the day of cruise?

I do, I have experience with the Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Beach(Seabreeze and Las Olas Blvds). Front side overlooks the marina and Coconuts. Backside PHAT deck and pool bar, goes right out to A1A across the street is Las Olas Beach. I highly recommend this hotel. Best location ever. 

Marriott Beach Place Towers my old home away from home. I like all these hotels you mentioned, the new AC Hotel I don't know about that one. BeachPlace Marriott I think it's better for longer stays. The Westin Ft. Lauderdale Beach great location right beside the Ritz Carlton nice hotel AWESOME restaurant and bar overlooking A1A and the ocean. 

Marriott BeachPlace Towers, Courtyard Marriott and The Westin all 3 hotels are within walking distance from one another. The 3 I've stayed in are great pre-cruise stays. Nice restaurants beach across the street. 

10 minutes to Port Everglades. Taxi's everywhere. No problemo. 

Los Olas and A1A if you're porting out of Ft. Lauderdale it's the only place I would ever stay. You'll go back. 

From the Airport and to Port Everglades. Your good go have fun.

If it were me I would take the Courtyard Marriott on Seabreeze Blvd.

Love this little hotel. Great views of everything. 10-12 minutes from the ship.

Best location on Las Olas.