Recommendations Needed

nemesees

We need a beach that has restrooms, food and drinks shack, not far from bus stop, and is free from corals or seashells.

We may get a minibus as we are 5 adults, so I would ask how many do they try to squeeze into one?

Horseshoe bay. The shuttles at the port are $7 per person each way. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get there. They fill every seat on the shuttles. Im not exactly sure how many people they hold. Probably around 15. Tobacco bay is also an option. We took the ferry to St. George’s and then a cab to tobacco bay. 

26 minutes ago, nemesees said:

We need a beach that has restrooms, food and drinks shack, not far from bus stop, and is free from corals or seashells.

We may get a minibus as we are 5 adults, so I would ask how many do they try to squeeze into one?

18 to 30 but the minimum is 7 for a minibus. There are shared ride private minibuses to Horseshoe Bay for 7 per person. They squeeze in as many as 30.  They go right down to the beach.  There are also taxis that can take 5 to 7 adults. So the fare would be about $43 overall plus tip for a taxi to Horseshoe Bay for a 5-7 seat taxi. Horseshoe Bay has all the amenities you asked about.  I personally prefer a taxi to a minibus for over 4 passengers. Other beaches with amenities are Tobacco Bay and Clearwater Beach. 

Edited by Charles4515

7 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Horseshoe bay. The shuttles at the port are $7 per person each way. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get there. They fill every seat on the shuttles. Im not exactly sure how many people they hold. Probably around 15. Tobacco bay is also an option. We took the ferry to St. George’s and then a cab to tobacco bay. 

Most of them hold 30 but but there are few with less.  They have fold out seats to fill the middle aisle. 

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

18 to 30 but the minimum is 7 for a minibus. There are shared ride private minibuses to Horseshoe Bay for 7 per person. They squeeze in as many as 30.  They go right down to the beach.  There are also taxis that can take 5 to 7 adults. So the fare would be about $43 overall plus tip for a taxi to Horseshoe Bay for a 5-7 seat taxi. Horseshoe Bay has all the amenities you asked about.  I personally prefer a taxi to a minibus for over 4 passengers. Other beaches with amenities are Tobacco Bay and Clearwater Beach. 

I think paying a little more for a taxi and have the convenience of a private ride and possibly a little faster as we wouldn’t have to wait until packed like sardines in sweltering heat would be a great deal.
I hear most people wanting to go to Horseshoe Beach. Does that get real crowded? As for chairs and umbrellas, it’s touch and go. Might get lucky or just have to wait till they become available. 

19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Most of them hold 30 but but there are few with less.  They have fold out seats to fill the middle aisle. 

It’s wild how many people they can fit. I sat on a fold out seat.