Info on parking in Galveston at cruise port?

SAS21

We are cruising for the first time from Galveston and plan on parking at the cruise terminal. Can someone please explain how it works when parking at the north lot? If I pay online do I get something to scan or insert to enter the lot?

Thanks!

Our 1st Galveston cruise was on Princess this past April.  We made advance reservations for the express lot.  The confirmation email contained a QR code that I printed (just in case I couldn't access the e-mail).  You scan the QR code at the gate.  I think there are backup methods (ie- license/credit card) that can be used if you don't have the QR code.

Look for discounts on the Galveston parking site.  Try "Fireworks23" for a $5.00 discount if you reserve by 7/31.  Enjoy your cruise.

If you are cruising Royal the North Lot is wonderful. Yes, when you pay online you will get a confirmation e-mail with a barcode/square on it. We print a copy just because we're old school. Then take that with you to the lot. They have people with QR readers to read it before you can get into the lot.

Not our experience, but a few have reported needing to show your reservation or QR code upon "exit" as well. 

So I vote for printing and/or placing in phone's "wallet".  Because if post-cruise you is like post-cruise me...can't find nuthin' on my phone except odd pictures I don't even remember taking.  And 100's of unanswered work emails.

If you have but a few rolling bags, just park and walk to the terminal - using either the left or right side.  If you go "up the middle" eventually you have to go left/right anyway around the bus dropoff area and they now have railing barriers.

If you have more than a few bags, go thru the dropoff area first, then park second.  There are two drop off areas (Royal Caribbean Circle) in the front of the terminal, or (Royal Caribbean Way) that goes along the side.  Either is fine and easy access afterwards to the North Lot entry driveway.

Currently the only entrance into the North Lot is along Royal Caribbean Way (east side).  I say this because if looking at photos or overhead shots, there are a set of driveways on the west side - but these seem destined for some future use.

And the only entrance to the North Lot "Covered" is thru the same entrance mentioned above for North Lot, you will just have a second gate to go thru.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the help! I just tried booking and for some reason the website is telling me that "optionalid field is blank. I don't see another field to post anything and I have tried at least 5 times.