Cheese board on menu?

Number34

We are in the Haven on The Joy later this year and will eat dinner in either the included restaurant or speciality venues. When I have looked at menus only Le Bistro has a cheese option. Is it possible to request cheese in any of the others?

your butler can bring a  cheese tray as one of the "treats" he or she provides to the room. cheese trays are also available on the standard room service catering menu (for a fee). with a day's advance notice, i feel pretty confident the haven restaurant can serve you a selection of your favorite cheeses. i haven't seen cheese served in any specialty restaurant as an option, but i'ver never asked. 

oh! la cucina does have a burrata on the menu as an appetizer, but i don't think that's what you're looking for.

17 hours ago, UKstages said:

your butler can bring a  cheese tray as one of the "treats" he or she provides to the room. cheese trays are also available on the standard room service catering menu (for a fee). with a day's advance notice, i feel pretty confident the haven restaurant can serve you a selection of your favorite cheeses. i haven't seen cheese served in any specialty restaurant as an option, but i'ver never asked. 

oh! la cucina does have a burrata on the menu as an appetizer, but i don't think that's what you're looking for.

Sadly, no more burrata...just plain ole jane and roger (inclusivity ya know) mozzarella now. Apparently Onda still has the real thing though. 

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Sure, the butler can deliver your cheese board, but I  think OP was looking for something served as perhaps a dessert in a restaurant other than the Haven. 

Correct!

23 hours ago, Number34 said:

We are in the Haven on The Joy later this year and will eat dinner in either the included restaurant or speciality venues. When I have looked at menus only Le Bistro has a cheese option. Is it possible to request cheese in any of the others?

I'm fairly certain that you could get a cheese assortments for dessert in Haven.  I don't see it on the Haven menu.  

You should discuss this with the butler when you first meet him.  I'll bet he can make things happen.

Also let the matre'd in the haven know too.

You'll get  your cheese tray.

I can say that at least one night the MDR offers a cheese selection for dessert.  I actually ordered it for my appetizer to go with the rolls and butter. Oh..and those apricots…yum. For us it was Day 1 of 7 day NE//Canada cruise Oct ‘22. 

I guess ours pales in comparison to @BirdTravels lol.

59E4F3B7-3D3D-41FA-A244-F2FFC69DF219.jpeg

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2