Goth Cruise, March 2/ NCL Escape..be a problem?

elliotlake12

On 7/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, Pookie2u said:

It sounds like a good time to me 😄 I spend a good deal of time relaxing and people watching while I cruise.  hmmm.... what do you think a Goth bathing suit would look like.....

Just be sure to bring your sunglasses or the reflected light might blind you... (Wait, that's stereotyping...)

• Haha 3

On 7/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, PhillyTravelBug said:

I don't dress the part, but I love the music and would love to see one of the bands playing at sea.  I've seen some live videos from bands on ships and they usually close off some of the deck area for the live shows.  If I was looking for a vacation, I wouldn't really want to be on bothered with it all. 

Ditto.  Too bad they are not on my cruise.  I would leave my husband, 2 kids, and be left to my own devices.  Of course the goths would be wondering why the suburban mom in the sundress is singing along to every song 😄

P.S.  Former Philly denizen, now in very-near Delco 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 7 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2023 at 10:22 AM, thesh0rty said:

their events are scheduled late at night - 11pm/12am to 3am/4am. I’ll be snoring away lol

Exactly this. I've cruised on ships with this group before. You'll hardly know they're there unless you're also a night owl.

If you're a small (150-300) partial charter group, causing as little disturbance as possible to the ship's other business is important to get them to allow you back.

And for anyone wondering concerned about exposure by you or your children wandering into something you don't want - it would never happen. The events are privately ticketed for the group's admittance only. The group director also begins each cruise with a list of rules that includes nothing too immodest outside the private club areas.

Edited by digitalstitches

It all depends on your beliefs & lifestyle. You may be able to get a great rate due to many avoiding charter cruises that may be offensive to them. Sometimes these cruises book fully as niche communities love them. But the bottom line question is whether what you want to surround yourself with is consistent with your own preferences. 

are you suggesting that there those in the cruise traveling demographic who might be offended by blood drinking devil worshipers in their midst? i personally don't think the average cruiser cares much about satanic sacrifices taking place at the buffet - or elsewhere on the ship - as long as they get their hash browns and, of course, their hamburger buns don't fall apart.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

as long as they get their hash browns and, of course, their hamburger buns don't fall apart.

But, neither of these statements are true, therefore....perhaps we do have those discussions. 😈

I was curious:  The Goth subculture can be defined as lovers of Goth rock, Gothic literature, victorian and medieval history, and contemporary horror cinematography. Members of this subculture are often accepting and non-violent intellectuals who are sometimes just cynical of societal evils and have a fascination with death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

I was curious:  The Goth subculture can be defined as lovers of Goth rock, Gothic literature, victorian and medieval history, and contemporary horror cinematography. Members of this subculture are often accepting and non-violent intellectuals who are sometimes just cynical of societal evils and have a fascination with death.

I used to be part of the whole scene in my teens and 20’s. Completely harmless people.  Still like the dark music, horror, and true crime stuff, but now wear colors and like happy stuff too like cruising!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

But, neither of these statements are true, therefore....perhaps we do have those discussions.

that's OK, the thing about drinking blood and worshipping satan wasn't true, either.

2 minutes ago, UKstages said:

that's OK, the thing about drinking blood and worshipping satan wasn't true, either.

Oh!!! My bad...I always take everything I read online as truth. Gosh, what else hasn't been true?

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh!!! My bad...I always take everything I read online as truth. Gosh, what else hasn't been true?

Everything we have been taught/indoctrinated to believe...lol

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Gosh, what else hasn't been true?

well, virginia, 85% of what you read online is likely not true. rather, the post or article or item has a kernel of truth to it, but the stories, anecdotes and facts depicted have been enhanced and fortified for comedic or dramatic effect.

10% of what you see online is just misleading or out of date information, without any enhancement whatsoever.

you can rest easy that 5% of what you read online is straight up truthful, without embellishment or misleading intent.

• Like 1

Last year, there was a partial charter on our cruise to Bermuda on the Prima. Some other passengers were UP IN ARMS that this would absolutely, positively ruin their vacation.

And you know what? Other than 1 afternoon when the observation lounge was being used for a private event, I would have had almost no idea that they were onboard. I did meet a couple of people who were part of the charter group and they were lovely.

In fact, if you have cruised before, it is very possible that there were partial ship charters onboard then as well.

So, I would say -- go forth and enjoy your vacation...and don't let the fears of "what if's" ruin your anticipation leading up to the cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

Last year, there was a partial charter on our cruise to Bermuda on the Prima. Some other passengers were UP IN ARMS that this would absolutely, positively ruin their vacation.

And you know what? Other than 1 afternoon when the observation lounge was being used for a private event, I would have had almost no idea that they were onboard. I did meet a couple of people who were part of the charter group and they were lovely.

In fact, if you have cruised before, it is very possible that there were partial ship charters onboard then as well.

So, I would say -- go forth and enjoy your vacation...and don't let the fears of "what if's" ruin your anticipation leading up to the cruise.

Wish I could give this 10 thumbs up!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

The Goth cruise trailer

OMG...I'm going to hell for hearting this post!! And I am a spiritual person who worships the Almighty, Jesus & the universe.

• Haha 1