Shoud I request wheelchair for boarding in rome

brer111

My husband has parkinson's and sometimes is slow walking and cannot walk a long distance. I have never cruised out of Rome before and wondering if I should request a wheelchair for boarding. And I am using NCL air for our flights. Do I wait till I get flights to request wheelchair or can I get that added in advance of receiving my flight info. TIA

I'd request one for boarding regardless of the port.  The ramps can often be a very long walk!

I requested wheelchair assistance for my husband when our agent booked the flights. I suppose it can be added to your flight reservation whenever you're able.

3 hours ago, brer111 said:

I have never cruised out of Rome before

In the very unlikely event that you don’t know this, you will be cruising out of Civitavecchia, which is about a 90 minute drive from Rome. So you’ll also want to think about your transfer to the port, and whether there’s any assistance you’ll need. 

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise. 

we have just returned from cruise that embarked in Rome/Civitiveccia

there was no evidence of wheelchairs until we had walked length of terminal buildong both outside and in,gone through security and then check in

then we saw wheelchair assistance which would take on to ship but by that time my husband had already walked much further than his comfort leve;