St Thomas, Barbados, St Vincent, Antigua, Dominica and Guadeloupe cruise ports

With the list you have I'd definitely give Barbados the number one spot. West Side Scuba Centre is definitely the answer.  Peter will pick you up and return you to the port.  The last few times I've been there they weren't able to accept credit cards so prepare for cash payment.  Barbados has lots of good sites, and if you let Peter know there are newer divers in your group, he and his son Brandon will see to it you get to sites that are both suitable for your level, and great diving.  (https://westsidescuba.com/)

My second place choice would be Dominica.  Try Simon at Nature Island Diving.  When last I dove there they picked up at the port and returned us, and the diving was really nice.  The most recent time, they couldn't help, because it was shortly after COVID, and there were too many restrictions.  However, Simon was very good about corresponding, and I'm sure by now they're back to normal.  (https://natureislanddive.dm/).

My third place choice is St. Vincent, and it's a close third, so perhaps you can dive three ports, or if perhaps Dominica doesn't work out, you'll know you're still getting a good place.  Contact Vaughn Martin at Serenity Dive.  Their boat will pick you up right at the port gate, and there are nice sites all around.  I will say the last time I was there Vaughn was having boat issues, and was running too many divers for my liking.  I believe this was a temporary situation.  You may want to ask that question when booking though.  (https://www.serenitydive.net/)

Harris

Denver, CO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 6:00 PM, highcountrycruiser said:

Want to dive on two of our 6 islands on our cruise at the end of December. Family of 5 with 2 newly certified divers. Which Islands would you recommend and what dive shop. Not interested in packed dive boat type groups. 

Sounds like you are on the NYE cruise Caribbean Princess ? If so, my family of 4, we are as well. I am newly certified and looking for a dive in Guadeloupe, along with a uncertified dive for my husband and son. There is the Jacques Cousteau reserve on the leeward side of the island that could be potentially interesting, especially if you would do a joint transport.  If you find another, please let me know in our roll call. Thanks!

Edited by Maverick!