South America/Antarctica specialty restaurant reservations

cccole

Hi, We will be enjoying the Oosterdam in January, Santiago to BA.  We ended up with HIA.  I assume that specialty restaurant reservations should be on "scenic cruising" days.  We are not early diners.  Are there any "scenic cruising" days that are best enjoyed from the Pinnacle?  Thank you so much for any and all suggestions.  Cherie   

Hi @cccole I will be boarding when you depart.  I plan on making our 3 HIA specialty dinner reservation on the sea days, not the scenic cruising days.  BTW- the view from Canaletto is probably better than the view from the majority of table in the Pinnacle. 

Thank you so much.  We do want to enjoy Canaletto also so I am happy to hear it will be a good view.  I hadn't really thought about the difference between sea days and scenic cruising days.  Thank you,  Cherie

• Like 1

On our BA to Santiago cruise on Oosterdam this year we chose to have lunch in the pinnacle during the day of scenic cruising the Chilean Fjords. It was a wonderful choice.  Some of those passages were quite narrow, and therefore afforded great viewing of the shores from the windows in Pinnacle, just above the waterline. We were able to spot a bit of wildlife and many small waterfalls, etc. 

• Like 1

We've enjoyed scenic cruising either on the bow or deck 3 to get a broader view. We try not to eat during scenic cruising as I end up leaving the table with camera which doesn't bode well with DW. Sea days are our specialty restaurant days, however some passengers want to eat in MDR on sea days that have "dressy" nights as the menu (used to be) is different. 

Thank you soooo much.  Lunch in the Pinnacle is a great option for the Chilean Fjords.   I don't think we are too excited about "dressy" nights so a specialty restaurant would be good for us on sea days, if dress code is not enforced.   We are lucky to have an aft corner cabin for this cruise so that we can hopefully enjoy a couple of MDR meals there.  Thank you for the help,  Cherie  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cccole said:

Thank you soooo much.  Lunch in the Pinnacle is a great option for the Chilean Fjords.   I don't think we are too excited about "dressy" nights so a specialty restaurant would be good for us on sea days, if dress code is not enforced.   We are lucky to have an aft corner cabin for this cruise so that we can hopefully enjoy a couple of MDR meals there.  Thank you for the help,  Cherie  

Just to let you know that the dress code for the specialty restaurants is the same as for the MDR.   Dressy nights do not have to be tux and gown though.  A nice dress, skirt or pant suit for you and a collared shirt & nice pants will do for your DH.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Kazu.  For some reason I thought I had read in one or more of the dress code threads that people tended to be less dressy in the Pinnacle on "dressy" nights.  I appreciate your post and it does help.  Cherie