Suite Get-Together Question

I have heard on several posts that your butler will help get you food if you decide to have a get together in your cabin. Do you have to have a specific suite for that? Does it have to be the PS? Also, how do you know what there is to order or what the cost is?

How much notice do you have to give, etc?

Thanks for the info!

Desiree

We have stayed in the Royal Suite on several occasions, and the butler has helped with the order, but it does go thru Food and Beverage, and the last time for 2 trays, one hot, and one being shrimp was a total charge of $45.00. We had some 26 guests, including the captain. Actually, thinking about our last party, we had a bartender, a complete set up, that was rolled in, and our dining table was moved to one corner, and decorated, and then the appitizers placed, and in addition to the bartender, there was one waitress. I think our bill for the whole thing ran about $10.00 per person. I thought the price was excellent for all that was done.

Rick

I have had get togethers in Celebrity Suite and Royal Suites. The butler is happy to assist in all of your planning. You can order anything you want or ask your butler for special requests. You will pay for it and they are more than happy to accomidate your special requests. Your butler will also be happy to have your invitations delivered.

I was having a small group of 8 in for wine one evening. He not only brought the wine and glasses but brought complimentary nuts and snacks. He was kind enough to stick around and serve. The beauty was after dinner we returned and the room was freshened up and all the mess was cleared away. I wish I could pack him in my suitecse and bring him home.

Pixie Dust - We've also had get togethers in a Sky Suite, and the Butler took care of everything, and served. We only served champagne, chocolates and hors d'oeuvres, so he didn't charge us anything extra.

We've also had several get togethers in a FV, and our cabin steward(ess) took care of glasses, ice, champagne buckets, hors d'oeuvres, etc. We just ordered several of the liquor packages from Guest Services, and we had also bought some local wines and champagnes during a shore stop. She just got us set up, but she didn't serve.

We've always just told the butler or cabin stewar(ess) the day before to allow them time to arrange everything. We acknowledged all the help through a tip on the spot, in addition to our tips at the end of the cruise.

Desiree,

Best thing to do is when you get into your suite and meet your butler and let him know you want to have a get-together in your CS. We had a sail-in get together in ours when we were coming into Nassau. Since it was noon, we decided to have coffee and tea, along with pastries. All we did was talk to our butler and ask him to recommend what he could do. If you have something in mind, your butler will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Which ship will you be on? We had the CS on both the Millie and Infinity.

Anita

Anita,

Thank you for the info. We will be in a CS on Summit in December. I am not sure we are going to get enough people for a Celebrity Connection get together so I thought it might be nice to offer my cabin. Plus it sounded like fun.

We saw the CS on Infinity and it looked very nice. I understand that Infinity and Summit are very close except for the decor.

The coffee/tea/ danish sounds very nice.

Desiree

Mom & I are going to have one of those aft CC cabins with the huge verandahs on an upcoming trip. We were thinking of having a party, too, and were wondering if the advice given here applies to people not in the suites, too? I was thinking about having a wine and cheese get-together on our verandah on one of the informal or casual evenings.

Desiree,

Glad to help! BTW, if you want to see the pics of the CS on theSummit and its sister ships, check out this site. http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Ours was CS 7140 on both the Millie and Infinity. Pics of the Millie suite are mine. Can't take credit for the Infinity one.

Leela, friends of mine are going to do get togethers on their aft balconies, but I think they are doing mostly everything themselves. Check with your cabin steward for recommendations on what to do.

Anita

Mom & I are going to have one of those aft CC cabins with the huge verandahs on an upcoming trip. We were thinking of having a party, too, and were wondering if the advice given here applies to people not in the suites, too? I was thinking about having a wine and cheese get-together on our verandah on one of the informal or casual evenings.

We had our friends in just about every night on the large veranda.

We asked they give us a few plates of the hors'dirves.

I then went up to the Sushi bar and got some things from them on a tray.

Had brought some drinks on board for everyone. Plus a bottle of Champagne was popped - great party time before dinner.

Plus on the Millie ships if you open the veranda door the singer is at the back of the boat and the music floats down to you.

Leela - when we've been in an FV cabin (which like the aft CC cabins is in the rear and is also not a suite category) we just spoke with our cabin steward(ess) and he/she took care of arrangements. Wine/champagne glasses, ice, and bucket, plates of hors d'oeuvres and cheese, napkins. We've only had six to about 12 people over, so we just did self-serve. Then we go off to dinner, and when we come back later in the evening everything is cleaned up like magic!

We give them plenty of warning - they're not a butler so they still have all their regular duties to take care of, and we tip at the time in addition to at the end of the cruise. The CC stewards and stewardesses are the best, so they can handle almost anything or help you get it done if they can't.

\

Wow!

You found me :rolleyes: ... not sure what you can bring yet but I thought since it didn't look like we were going to make the 25 - we had better have a get together that didn't happen at 9am!

Desiree

If you want to you can arrange to meet for a Sail-Away get togeather after the boat drill at the pool bar deck 10 port side foward, we have done this on past cruises and it gives you a chance to meet your fellow CC members in an informal way and continue to party from there.

Happy cruising

BobN

Archived