Questions about Izumi on Odyssey

I’m wondering how the a la carte option works at Izumi with a dinner or lunch reservation.   On the cruise planner website it says that what’s included is a prix-fixe menu, but I’ve read online that you can also order a la carte.   So, how does that work?  Do you receive a credit for the amount of the reservation if you choose the a la carte option?   

On the Unlimited Dining Package description it says that Izumi Sushi is either prix-fixe or a la carte for a $39.99 credit, but on the individual reservations is doesn’t say that.   Also, the cost is the same for lunch and dinner, so wondering if the options are the same (e.g. hot foods also served at lunch).  

I wouldnt make a reservation for the fixed price if you dont want it. If you just want ala carte, its walk up. The menu is the same all day, lunch or dinner. The same. I've made dinner reservations but I'm doing fixed price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I wouldnt make a reservation for the fixed price if you dont want it. If you just want ala carte, its walk up. The menu is the same all day, lunch or dinner. The same. I've made dinner reservations but I'm doing fixed price. 

Thank you!  I'll skip making the reservations.  We don't eat sushi but like a lot of the appetizers, so we thought that a la carte would be better.   There are one or two entrees that might work.   

I've made separate reservations for the Hibachi as I understand those reservations are hard to get, but I'm wondering if the sushi side is as difficult.  Will we be able to just walk in most lunches and dinners?   I'm thinking that the hibachi because of the limited seating is more of an issue than sushi, but don't want to assume.  Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Thank you!  I'll skip making the reservations.  We don't eat sushi but like a lot of the appetizers, so we thought that a la carte would be better.   There are one or two entrees that might work.   

I've made separate reservations for the Hibachi as I understand those reservations are hard to get, but I'm wondering if the sushi side is as difficult.  Will we be able to just walk in most lunches and dinners?   I'm thinking that the hibachi because of the limited seating is more of an issue than sushi, but don't want to assume.  Thanks again!

On my ships lunch is only open sea days for lunch izumi or lunch hibachi. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

On my ships lunch is only open sea days for lunch izumi or lunch hibachi. 

We're doing a transatlantic next spring and have 9 sea days, so if we're able to do Izumi Sushi a la carte, we might do that 3 or 4 times.  We like Japanese appetizers a lot.  

• Like 1