Ambassador: Refer A Friend

1 hour ago, London-Calling said:

The Ambassador Cruise Line Now has a "Refer A Friend" scheme, for onboard credit.

It's on this blog and on there web site:

Ambassador Reports Strong Demand | WaterWorld by Malcolm Oliver (wordpress.com)

(Scroll down the blog page)

Imho, things are still a bit too inconsistent on Ambassador for me to think about referring a friend....

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Refer a friend  -  No chance!   - 

My thoughts entirely.  I do not normally look at this forum having experienced the cruise line last year.  Good for people to have a choice of what is right for them though.  In fact I have a friend who has booked Ambassador as a first cruise, which is why I have popped into here.  I am hoping it goes OK for them.

Edited by tring

2 hours ago, London-Calling said:

I think a newbie would have a great cruise with Ambassador, as long as their cabin air-con works!

It was the A/C that was our main gripe, but we also had a good number of tender ports and the way they operated the tenders was positively hairy at times.

I have given her a few pointers.  At least they have a balcony cabin overlooking the rear, so that will be a good point.  They are away now, just hoping that norovirus has cleared on Ambition.  Her husband is not too mobile, so a good option with all those views in Norway and a local embarkation as well.

Edited by tring

On 7/31/2023 at 8:14 PM, tring said:

It was the A/C that was our main gripe, but we also had a good number of tender ports and the way they operated the tenders was positively hairy at times.

I have given her a few pointers.  At least they have a balcony cabin overlooking the rear, so that will be a good point.  They are away now, just hoping that norovirus has cleared on Ambition.  Her husband is not too mobile, so a good option with all those views in Norway and a local embarkation as well.

Unfortunately they still seem to have Norovirus aboard Barbara. Embarkation delayed by 2 hours in Liverpool tomorrow for more cleaning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Unfortunately they still seem to have Norovirus aboard Barbara. Embarkation delayed by 2 hours in Liverpool tomorrow for more cleaning.

Oh dear, sad to hear that I hope not too many people have been/are affected, though obviously more than a few if they are doing a deep clean. 

That could leave my friend and her husband not wanting to go near a ship again, which is a shame as a useful way to travel now her husband is not too good.  Must admit I would not have recommended Ambassador though, but let's face it bugs can arise on any line.  I really hope her husband has not and does not become ill though, as his poor mobility could make it very bad for him.  At least they will not have a long journey home from the port.

Barbara

Edited by tring
  • Like 1