Can I Use A VPN on Starlink With Premium WIFI?

Luvcrusn

On 8/22/2023 at 7:59 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Another option might be to bring a travel router with OpenVPN option.   You set it prior to the cruise and drop in a little file from your VPN provider to enable OpenVPN.  

Another OpenVPN option is using the VPN's Obfuscated Servers.  VPN blockers are sometimes employed by countries and some cruise ships.  If this is the case, you should be able to utilize your VPN's Obfuscated Servers to evade the VPN blocker.  Here's my previous post outlining the setup for NordVPN as an example.  Other VPN providers would be similar if they have obfuscated servers as an option.

On 8/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, DaKahuna said:

I like setting mine up at home before the cruise and making sure I document the SSID and the password for the wireless side. 

I leave nothing to memory... I use my label maker and put the SSID and password on my device(s). Six Sigma training in action.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

7 hours ago, FRMPEI said:

I leave nothing to memory... I use my label maker and put the SSID and password on my device(s). Six Sigma training in action.

I spent too many years telling people not to do that.  All someone needs to do is see or gain physical access to the device and now they can do everything you can do.  

I use the "Keeper" app on my iphone for SSID's/Passwords, UserID's/Passwords.  Have not trusted my memory in years.  In fact, I just did factory resets on two very old travel routers so I could throw them away!