Paying for Excursions

KYteach

If it's OBC provided by Princess, you can use it to help prepay for your excursions when booked using your Personalizer. If it's coming from your TA, you won't see it in your account until you board the ship.

If you log into the Personalizer, pull up your booking, and go to Payments, you should see any PCL OBC listed there, which you can then use to help pay for your pre-booked excursions. For example, here's what ours looks like on one of our future bookings.

image.thumb.png.68b7cb09feb009ab5e3e66aa52591a59.png

Note: Each person's OBC can only be applied to their specific pre-booked excursion. For example, my DW has $100 more than I do in the above example. The extra $100 cannot be used to help prepay for one of my excursions.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Yes...if you have OBC "on file" (i.e. from Princess) the default in paying for an excursion is to use OBC first and then prompt for a credit card if you are short. 

Note that if for some reason you wanted to "save" that OBC for later, when you get to the payment screen there is a checkbox that is marked with something like "Use OBC".  You can uncheck that box and pay the whole amount with CC.  Many people are not aware of this...it is a rather small box and we as consumers are so accustomed to flying through a payment screen that we don't realize that there's an option there.

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If it's OBC provided by Princess, you can use it to help prepay for your excursions when booked using your Personalizer. If it's coming from your TA, you won't see it in your account until you board the ship.

If you log into the Personalizer, pull up your booking, and go to Payments, you should see any PCL OBC listed there, which you can then use to help pay for your pre-booked excursions. For example, here's what ours looks like on one of our future bookings.

image.thumb.png.68b7cb09feb009ab5e3e66aa52591a59.png

Note: Each person's OBC can only be applied to their specific pre-booked excursion. For example, my DW has $100 more than I do in the above example. The extra $100 cannot be used to help prepay for one of my excursions.

I have been able to use mine to pay for the wife's excursion though had to do it by phone with customer service.

We just booked an excursion for our February South America cruise yesterday.  We have $250 shareholder credit.  The excursion was $219.  It took one excursion out of the OBC and we had to put in credit card info in for the other.  Apparently, it couldn’t do part OBC and part credit card for the second one.  So we still have a $31 OBC balance.  I was very happy to see the OBC was readily available since we just booked the cruise a week ago and had not received shareholder credit confirmation yet.

11 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

We just booked an excursion for our February South America cruise yesterday.  We have $250 shareholder credit.  The excursion was $219.  It took one excursion out of the OBC and we had to put in credit card info in for the other.  Apparently, it couldn’t do part OBC and part credit card for the second one.  So we still have a $31 OBC balance.  I was very happy to see the OBC was readily available since we just booked the cruise a week ago and had not received shareholder credit confirmation yet.

That’s because the $250 SOBC was under the shareholder’s name rather than $125 for guest #1 and $125 for guest #2.