Making a Cruise Drink PDF (Mostly non alcoholic)(More suggestions needed to fill it out!)

numnums

As you see from my last thread, I decided to compile all the suggestions and any drinks that stood out to me.

I will only be getting the zero package, so I'm trying to create a mostly non-alcoholic menu.

Has anyone been able to make smoothies outside of the spa cafe? Since to my experience they only make specific smoothies. Anyone ever gotten a Milkshake made before?

This is what I have so far. As you can see I'm a big fan of fruit drinks and ice-cream drinks. Do you also think I should just leave the ingredients needed, and delete the specific measurements? I never asked for a drink made before, and I'm not particularly picky about everything being concise either.

I want to curate a simple, Easy to read, popular menu for me and my friends. I would also like to make it easy on the bartender with popular drinks that they would already know how to make or know how to make a substitute of.

I have linked my baby menu here, in case you would like to have a look or have your own idea. Thank you!

Cruise Drinks.pdf

• Like 1

I think you may be overthinking this. You don't need to give them specific instructions for the very basic frozen drinks you have listed. They make hundreds of them a day and they rarely measure anything. If one bar tender doesn't recognize it, they will ask a peer. I would not expect fresh fruit in many of your drinks either. They use the basic Island Oasis mixes and standard bar fruit (lemon, lime, orange, cherries, mint, maybe basil). If there is a menu item that has a specific ingredient, they may be willing use it in another drink. Or just ask for a recommendation. 

In my experience on the ships with a Slush bar they do want you to stick to the menu. The line can also be very long since it's rarely open. If you want something off menu they'd prefer you to go a regular bar elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I think you may be overthinking this. You don't need to give them specific instructions for the very basic frozen drinks you have listed. They make hundreds of them a day and they rarely measure anything. If one bar tender doesn't recognize it, they will ask a peer. I would not expect fresh fruit in many of your drinks either. They use the basic Island Oasis mixes and standard bar fruit (lemon, lime, orange, cherries, mint, maybe basil). If there is a menu item that has a specific ingredient, they may be willing use it in another drink. Or just ask for a recommendation. 

In my experience on the ships with a Slush bar they do want you to stick to the menu. The line can also be very long since it's rarely open. If you want something off menu they'd prefer you to go a regular bar elsewhere. 

I do get that a lot! I tend to prepare like crazy, and me and my friends can be very shy when asking for stuff. I had a pretty rough experience when it came to this so i think i just habitually planned to the last detail.

I'll keep that noted about the slush bar though! I also heard people have asked about mud slides, do you think that's only available at the pool/mast bar?

Numnums, you sound very much like me! I sailed with Celebrity for the first time just over a month ago on the Silhouette. My DW and I, along with our travelling companions all purchased the Zero Proof package so I too was interested in the kinds of Non-Alcoholic options that could be available to me. I wanted to have a list to consult to try some new things so I started looking through the topics here on CC and on the various cruiseline blogs. I figured that different cruiselines/ships would carry different types of syrups, etc so I was never too sure which would be applicable for a Celebrity ship but thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask if I ever had a chance to chat with a not too busy bartender.

This is the list that I came up with. I have to say that I didn't spend too much time on board chatting with bartenders to discover what ingredients they had available and so forth, so just really ended up ordering sodas, smoothies at the SPA Cafe, and the frozen daquiris and coladas. Being a non-drinker, I don't have too much experience working with bartenders to create or ask about off menu, concoctions. Though I enjoyed the items that I did order, I am hoping to ask about some of the others on this list on my upcoming sailing on the Reflection.

Maybe this list will help someone at some point... Listed by Cruiseline or source with ingredients and author suggestions if available.

NumNums, perhaps you could incorporate some of these into your pdf document.

Celebrity Cruises

Peach Sangria – Monin Peach, pineapple juice, soda water – author suggests go easy on peach

Frozen Sunrise – Red Bull, orange juice, agave nectar, and grenadine – was only in the Sky Lounge, Craft Social Pub

Sparkling Mint Lemonade – Fresh lemon juice, mint, agave nectar, and soda water – good with a meal

Cranberry Mule – Cranberry juice, ginger beer, agave nectar, mint, and soda water

Strawberry Banana Soda – Monin strawberry, banana, soda water

Raspberry Fizz – raspberry syrup, lime juice, agave nectar, and soda water – palate-refreshing and on MDR menu

Watermelon Tropic – Monin watermelon, pineapple juice, and fresh lime juice – very sweet

Frozen Strawberry Swirl – Red Bull, margarita mix, agave nectar, and strawberry puree – Only in Sky Lounge

Virgin Versions  of traditional frozen cocktails – Daquiris, Coladas, etc. Maybe try the French Caribbean

Ask bartender to make a custom mocktail – Author got a “Spicy Mango”

From Carnival review:

Martini Seduction: Red passionfruit nectar, fresh lime juice, and a hint of orange mix with Lyre’s White Cane instead of vodka

Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini: Lyre’s Agave Blanco stands in for vodka to bring this spicy pineapple cocktail into its non-alcoholic form

The Remedy: Orange juice, pineapple, and fresh lime juice mixed with Lyre’s White Cane and Spiced Cane instead of dark and coconut rum

Hearts of Fire: Fresh thyme and raspberries reimagined with Lyre’s Dry London instead of gin

Restorative Basil Drop: Lyre’s Dry London mixed with fresh basil and citrus

The Perfect Storm: Strawberry puree, fresh lime, and a hit of rosemary and Lyre’s Dry London instead of vodka

Cucumber Sunrise: Watermelon nectar, cucumber, lime juice, and a splash of orange juice mixed with Lyre’s Agave Blanco instead of vodka

From Royal Caribbean Blog:

Virgin Mojito – lime juice, fresh mint, white cane sugar, and soda water

Virgin Pina Colada – coconut cream, pineapple juice

Virgin Miami Vice (Pina Colada and Strawberry Daquiri)

Virgin Mai Tai – amaretto, orange juice, sweet & sour, lime juice, and grenadine

Coco Loco (or Labadoozie) – orange juice, pineapple juice, papaya juice, coconut cream, and grenadine

Other Royal Caribbean:

Watermelon Mint Lemonade – lemonade and watermelon syrup

Blueberry Nojito – blueberry puree, lime juice, simple syrup, and fresh mint – tastes like sour patch kids

Shirley Ginger – orange juice, grenadine, lime juice, and ginger ale – like a Moscow Mule

Strawberry Limeade – strawberry, lime juice, and a club soda

Tropical Crush – pineapple juice, mango, and Red Bull Yellow – one of the official Royal Caribbean Mocktails

Virgin Mary – tomato juice and spices

Roy Rogers and Shirley Temple

From Cruise Critic:

Strawberries on Fire – jalapeno, strawberry, lime juice, agave syrup, and soda – princess cruises

Nojitos – mojitos with grapefruit juice replacing the booze element – princess cruises

Crystal Ball – white cranberry juice, pineapple juice, Filthy Black Cherry syrup, and fresh lemon juice – carnival cruises

Virgin Spiderman – Virgin Pina Colada and Virgin Rasberry daquiri mixed – MSC cruises

Not-a-Cosmo – fresh grapefruit, hand pressed limes, fresh citrus sour, cranberry juice, and sprite – Holland America cruises

Bora Shake – pina colada mixer, fresh bananas, and Blue Curacao syrup – Disney cruises

Mango Mule – mango puree, honey, lime, cucumber, and ginger ale – Regent Seven Seas cruises

Bee-Dazzled – Seedlip Spice 94, honey water, orange juice, and lime juice - Cunard

Red Delight – strawberry puree, fresh lemon juice, and Red Bull – Royal Caribbean

Iglu – frozen coffee frappe with a choice of chocolate or vanilla flavor – Norwegian

Virgin mudslide

Virgin Lava Flow

Also remember:

Specialty Waters and Smoothies from Spa Café

Teas, coffees, and hot chocolate from Café al Bacio

Juices in MDR

Premium Waters and Vitamin Water

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, numnums said:

I do get that a lot! I tend to prepare like crazy, and me and my friends can be very shy when asking for stuff. I had a pretty rough experience when it came to this so i think i just habitually planned to the last detail.

I'll keep that noted about the slush bar though! I also heard people have asked about mud slides, do you think that's only available at the pool/mast bar?

Many of the frozen mocktails on your list are ordered frequently and most bartenders know how to make them.  Drinks like a mudslide require a blender, pina colada, lava flow, etc require a blender if the bar has a blender and many do then they can make them.  The fruit ( mango chunks, peach slices, strawberries, bananas) in your recipes are not something I have seen at the bars they will use a mix not actual fruit.

5 hours ago, ICruiseWhenICan said:

Numnums, you sound very much like me! I sailed with Celebrity for the first time just over a month ago on the Silhouette. My DW and I, along with our travelling companions all purchased the Zero Proof package so I too was interested in the kinds of Non-Alcoholic options that could be available to me. I wanted to have a list to consult to try some new things so I started looking through the topics here on CC and on the various cruiseline blogs. I figured that different cruiselines/ships would carry different types of syrups, etc so I was never too sure which would be applicable for a Celebrity ship but thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask if I ever had a chance to chat with a not too busy bartender.

This is the list that I came up with. I have to say that I didn't spend too much time on board chatting with bartenders to discover what ingredients they had available and so forth, so just really ended up ordering sodas, smoothies at the SPA Cafe, and the frozen daquiris and coladas. Being a non-drinker, I don't have too much experience working with bartenders to create or ask about off menu, concoctions. Though I enjoyed the items that I did order, I am hoping to ask about some of the others on this list on my upcoming sailing on the Reflection.

Maybe this list will help someone at some point... Listed by Cruiseline or source with ingredients and author suggestions if available.

NumNums, perhaps you could incorporate some of these into your pdf document.

Celebrity Cruises

Peach Sangria – Monin Peach, pineapple juice, soda water – author suggests go easy on peach

Frozen Sunrise – Red Bull, orange juice, agave nectar, and grenadine – was only in the Sky Lounge, Craft Social Pub

Sparkling Mint Lemonade – Fresh lemon juice, mint, agave nectar, and soda water – good with a meal

Cranberry Mule – Cranberry juice, ginger beer, agave nectar, mint, and soda water

Strawberry Banana Soda – Monin strawberry, banana, soda water

Raspberry Fizz – raspberry syrup, lime juice, agave nectar, and soda water – palate-refreshing and on MDR menu

Watermelon Tropic – Monin watermelon, pineapple juice, and fresh lime juice – very sweet

Frozen Strawberry Swirl – Red Bull, margarita mix, agave nectar, and strawberry puree – Only in Sky Lounge

Virgin Versions  of traditional frozen cocktails – Daquiris, Coladas, etc. Maybe try the French Caribbean

Ask bartender to make a custom mocktail – Author got a “Spicy Mango”

From Carnival review:

Martini Seduction: Red passionfruit nectar, fresh lime juice, and a hint of orange mix with Lyre’s White Cane instead of vodka

Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini: Lyre’s Agave Blanco stands in for vodka to bring this spicy pineapple cocktail into its non-alcoholic form

The Remedy: Orange juice, pineapple, and fresh lime juice mixed with Lyre’s White Cane and Spiced Cane instead of dark and coconut rum

Hearts of Fire: Fresh thyme and raspberries reimagined with Lyre’s Dry London instead of gin

Restorative Basil Drop: Lyre’s Dry London mixed with fresh basil and citrus

The Perfect Storm: Strawberry puree, fresh lime, and a hit of rosemary and Lyre’s Dry London instead of vodka

Cucumber Sunrise: Watermelon nectar, cucumber, lime juice, and a splash of orange juice mixed with Lyre’s Agave Blanco instead of vodka

From Royal Caribbean Blog:

Virgin Mojito – lime juice, fresh mint, white cane sugar, and soda water

Virgin Pina Colada – coconut cream, pineapple juice

Virgin Miami Vice (Pina Colada and Strawberry Daquiri)

Virgin Mai Tai – amaretto, orange juice, sweet & sour, lime juice, and grenadine

Coco Loco (or Labadoozie) – orange juice, pineapple juice, papaya juice, coconut cream, and grenadine

Other Royal Caribbean:

Watermelon Mint Lemonade – lemonade and watermelon syrup

Blueberry Nojito – blueberry puree, lime juice, simple syrup, and fresh mint – tastes like sour patch kids

Shirley Ginger – orange juice, grenadine, lime juice, and ginger ale – like a Moscow Mule

Strawberry Limeade – strawberry, lime juice, and a club soda

Tropical Crush – pineapple juice, mango, and Red Bull Yellow – one of the official Royal Caribbean Mocktails

Virgin Mary – tomato juice and spices

Roy Rogers and Shirley Temple

From Cruise Critic:

Strawberries on Fire – jalapeno, strawberry, lime juice, agave syrup, and soda – princess cruises

Nojitos – mojitos with grapefruit juice replacing the booze element – princess cruises

Crystal Ball – white cranberry juice, pineapple juice, Filthy Black Cherry syrup, and fresh lemon juice – carnival cruises

Virgin Spiderman – Virgin Pina Colada and Virgin Rasberry daquiri mixed – MSC cruises

Not-a-Cosmo – fresh grapefruit, hand pressed limes, fresh citrus sour, cranberry juice, and sprite – Holland America cruises

Bora Shake – pina colada mixer, fresh bananas, and Blue Curacao syrup – Disney cruises

Mango Mule – mango puree, honey, lime, cucumber, and ginger ale – Regent Seven Seas cruises

Bee-Dazzled – Seedlip Spice 94, honey water, orange juice, and lime juice - Cunard

Red Delight – strawberry puree, fresh lemon juice, and Red Bull – Royal Caribbean

Iglu – frozen coffee frappe with a choice of chocolate or vanilla flavor – Norwegian

Virgin mudslide

Virgin Lava Flow

Also remember:

Specialty Waters and Smoothies from Spa Café

Teas, coffees, and hot chocolate from Café al Bacio

Juices in MDR

Premium Waters and Vitamin Water

This is an extraordinary list! Just woke up from my nap so I’m going to write it in, in a minute.

yes, the bars tend to be busy, honestly I wish they were open later at night since I feel more confident when things tend to die down… I feel like having an accessible menu would make it easier to assert myself.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Many of the frozen mocktails on your list are ordered frequently and most bartenders know how to make them.  Drinks like a mudslide require a blender, pina colada, lava flow, etc require a blender if the bar has a blender and many do then they can make them.  The fruit ( mango chunks, peach slices, strawberries, bananas) in your recipes are not something I have seen at the bars they will use a mix not actual fruit.

That is interesting to note, I should write blender needed next to them in case I forget! I don’t know much so I’m feeling better that they’re very popular drinks that are easy to make!! It would be cool though if celebrity had some actual fruit drink/puree available but it is what it is.