Celebrity pre-cruise purchase wifi warning

KiraHere

I was on a Celebrity cruise in Dec 2022 and had pre-purchased wifi. Sometime, in the first 2 days, the ship offered a BIG discount to sign up for the wifi.   I called Celebrity to find out if they still do that/to ask about available wifi discounts & got an extremely rude customer service person named Guido - when I asked him about wifi specials, he admitted that sometimes they offer up to 40% off, then offered me 10% off.  While I was speaking with him, I checked the Celebrity website - they had the wifi package for 20% off!  When I called him on it, he took a minute then *magically found* the online discount I had to tell him about. 

IF you call the customer service numbers, in hopes of getting better service or better deals, DO YOUR HOMEWORK ahead of time! 

(I don't know if the phone sales people are told to try and get more $/offer less discounts, or if this guy was that clueless - either way, he was unpleasant to the point that right now I am completely turned off by Celebrity, to the point that if we hadn't already bought the tickets, I'd find a different cruise. )

• Thanks 1

We're on a cruise-only package in October (Silhouette), so I've been trying to pre-purchase WIFi for the 11 night cruise. There was no option on the X website to buy basic WIFI, so I called Celebrity CS who explained that you just cannot buy basic, it has to be Premium.

We're Elite level, so he said we should get 30% discount but then he quoted us the same price at shown on the X website at $21.99 (which was a 15% discount). I presume the $21..99 is the price to upgrade for those with AI packages ? 

Anyone know if this is a good deal or should we wait until we're onboard ?

to my knowledge and other people’s experience, I read that you must call captains club number to access your status/captain clubs discount if you want that to apply on packages.

the number should be on the website somewhere, I think after you click on your CC tier on the website.

were you able to tell him what the correct price should have been? Your elite status should make internet be 30% regardless if you have AL or not.

40 minutes ago, Cruiser6270 said:

We're on a cruise-only package in October (Silhouette), so I've been trying to pre-purchase WIFi for the 11 night cruise. There was no option on the X website to buy basic WIFI, so I called Celebrity CS who explained that you just cannot buy basic, it has to be Premium.

We're Elite level, so he said we should get 30% discount but then he quoted us the same price at shown on the X website at $21.99 (which was a 15% discount). I presume the $21..99 is the price to upgrade for those with AI packages ? 

Anyone know if this is a good deal or should we wait until we're onboard ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, numnums said:

to my knowledge and other people’s experience, I read that you must call captains club number to access your status/captain clubs discount if you want that to apply on packages.

the number should be on the website somewhere, I think after you click on your CC tier on the website.

were you able to tell him what the correct price should have been? Your elite status should make internet be 30% regardless if you have AL or not.

Thanks for help. Couldn't find the CC phone no anywhere but managed to find a customer service rep who did all the background work and fix us up at reasonable price. One less reason to queue up at guest services when we get on board 👍

I have AI and have basic wifi included already so the cost quoted in my ap to upgrade to premium is $7.99 which is on sale 15% from $9.99. Will this deal get better on the cruise ship? It’s reasonable already but one problem they are charging 18 days for a 17 night cruise which goes over the international date line so it’s already one day too high. Plus the ship doesn’t leave until midnight and we can use our cellphones if needed over day 1. But if it’s not getting better than $9.99 on the ship that’s something I’d consider buying now. 

To buy the premium package outright is quoted as $21.99 on sale 10% from 24.99. 

7 hours ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Thanks for help. Couldn't find the CC phone no anywhere but managed to find a customer service rep who did all the background work and fix us up at reasonable price. One less reason to queue up at guest services when we get on board 👍

Oops. They make it very hard to find the specific numbers, I thought i was crazy.

I found it for you so hopefully it can be of more help next time then waiting on a transfer.

I'm glad you were able to settle it out before you embark! Have a Safe and happy trip!

image.png.335dd28cd50aec3024e659deb7d3b021.png

3 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

I have AI and have basic wifi included already so the cost quoted in my ap to upgrade to premium is $7.99 which is on sale 15% from $9.99. Will this deal get better on the cruise ship? It’s reasonable already but one problem they are charging 18 days for a 17 night cruise which goes over the international date line so it’s already one day too high. Plus the ship doesn’t leave until midnight and we can use our cellphones if needed over day 1. But if it’s not getting better than $9.99 on the ship that’s something I’d consider buying now. 

To buy the premium package outright is quoted as $21.99 on sale 10% from 24.99. 

Where did you set it for 21.99?  Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

It was in my app, right now the flash sale is $17.99 for premium outright. 

Dang! NOW app has it for 21.99 (saying 25% off) but not the 17.99 .  Are you Elite status (maybe that's why the difference)?   If not, I'm going to call and play "karen" to whichever customer service person picks up.

No I’m not status, suites or anything. Seems like there’s a flash sale for my sailing in particular but no idea what else that covers. I’m on the Oct 1 Solstice sailing. Maybe because it’s within 2 months they are having this type of sale? I was able to buy the $4.99 upgrade so it wasn’t a glitch lol