Back to Back Questions

jrmende63

We are doing a back to back on the new Queen Anne October 2024. I have a few questions about how this is done. We have the same cabin for both cruises, 

Questions:

Can we order room service breakfast on the turn around day?

Is there usually a luncheon for the back to back cruisers? 

Do we walk off ship in a group and then come back on with our new cards?

Would launderettes be open on turn around day?

Do we get another bottle of "champagne" ?

Thanks for any help! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

We are doing a back to back on the new Queen Anne October 2024. I have a few questions about how this is done. We have the same cabin for both cruises, 

Questions:

Can we order room service breakfast on the turn around day?

It may depend on which port is your turn around port. For us, the turn around port has usually been Southampton - New York would have different answers due to the need to 'zero out' the passenger and crew head count.

In Southampton we can order room service breakfast - the breakfast door hanger was waiting in the room after dinner.

Is there usually a luncheon for the back to back cruisers? 

In transit cruisers usually can go to their regular dining room. In addition, the buffet and the Golden Lion will be available.

Do we walk off ship in a group and then come back on with our new cards?

It may be the same card for both segments [for two separate bookings, there may be a World Club level promotion].

The only 'walk of the ship as a group' would be for a US port [New York] turn around day. Passengers not wanting to do a shore excursion can disembark last & wait in a [rather spartan] lounge in the terminal while the 'zero passenger' status is verified for the ship, then be the first to embark for the next sailing [luggage stays in room, just need your passport and ship's card]

Would launderettes be open on turn around day?

Use them before embarkation starts 😉

We have only done multi segment bookings - so only a single bottle at initial embarkation.

Thanks for any help! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

Since everything else was answered more than adequately, I will chime in on this, based on our total of one B2B experience.

We did get another bottle for the second leg, having booked ours as two separate trips. However, we also changed cabins - really nice upgrade to QG for the second leg (transatlantic), so the second bottle was actually champagne without the quotation marks.

I cannot say this would apply to a B2B as a single booking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Since everything else was answered more than adequately, I will chime in on this, based on our total of one B2B experience.

We did get another bottle for the second leg, having booked ours as two separate trips. However, we also changed cabins - really nice upgrade to QG for the second leg (transatlantic), so the second bottle was actually champagne without the quotation marks.

I cannot say this would apply to a B2B as a single booking.

It is 2 separate bookings. With luck enough to find the same cabin for both bookings.']