Celebrity Cruise Care Insurance

Tarheeler

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, Tarheeler said:

If you add Celebrity's Cruise Care insurance to your reservation and cancel prior to final payment, is the insurance cost refunded?

Thanks!

I'd like to know answer to this question too.

Is the insurance actually valid if you add it to your reservation at time of initial deposit?  

Travel agent has advised me to wait until final payment to add Insurance on Princess cruise but I am

concerned there could be a change in medical treatments or something like that and then they wouldn't pay because we didn't take it on Day l.  

Hopefully there is someone out there who has knowledge of this situation.

Thanks all.

20 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

concerned there could be a change in medical treatments or something like that and then they wouldn't pay because we didn't take it on Day l.  

Hopefully there is someone out there who has knowledge of this situation.

Thanks all.

The way I read the policy is that your concern is a moot point. There is no waiver for pre-existing conditions. The policy only covers illness that 1st manifests itself on or during the "trip".  Unless I'm mistaken, let's use Hypertension as an example. Your taking blood pressure medication. You go on the cruise, something happens, you file a claim, they determine that the root cause of your illness is due to hypertension, your claim is denied. It was a pre-existing condition.

Benefits will be paid for covered Medical Expenses incurred, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, subject to the following: 1) covered Medical Expenses will only be payable at the Usual and Customary level of charges; 2) benefits will be payable only for covered Medical Expenses resulting from a Sickness that first manifests itself or an Injury that occurs while on Your Trip; and 3) only Medical Expenses incurred by You within 365 days of the date of onset of Your Injury or Sickness will be reimbursed.

Found here

*EKCJe8iaZ6aHu3cTFIBUK1Uw0uoMftK77ka3NcXykkUZ7cW3e81189rlXdDBTjqw3Q44 (archinsurancesolutions.com)