Transfer from Galveston Port to Houston Airport

SpotsForLisa

2 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

I agree.  I tried to talk them into coming in day before.  

I would suggest telling them that they need to either change their arrival time at the airport or make their own travel arrangement to the port. Alternatively, give them a firm deadline to be in your vehicle or  your leaving without them.

5 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Friday traffic in and around Houston area likely twice as bad as weekend traffic.  

It is my firm belief that every city in Texas is afflicted with a Friday time and space warp.  It allows every individual to drive three cars at the same time.  It is the only possible explanation for Friday traffic being as horrid as it is.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It is my firm belief that every city in Texas is afflicted with a Friday time and space warp.  It allows every individual to drive three cars at the same time.  It is the only possible explanation for Friday traffic being as horrid as it is.

Cattle stampedes have always been a part of the way of life in Texas.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Cattle stampedes have always been a part of the way of life in Texas.

Silly me, I just thought a taco truck was on the shoulder and everyone was stopping for a snack. While I don’t dispute your cattle explanation, I’ve failed to see any cow pies on the roadway, but maybe I’m too focused on taco trucks. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Silly me, I just thought a taco truck was on the shoulder and everyone was stopping for a snack. While I don’t dispute your cattle explanation, I’ve failed to see any cow pies on the roadway, but maybe I’m too focused on taco trucks. 

The environmental protect agency now requires diapers on cattle and horses.

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Timing aside, does anyone know the cost of the NCL transportation to IAH from Galveston? I am looking at this cruise (but haven't booked yet) and plan on staying with family in The Woodlands afterwards. I just need a ride anytime after the cruise to IAH to pick up a rental car. I'm a solo so looking for the least expensive option. Thanks!

16 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Timing aside, does anyone know the cost of the NCL transportation to IAH from Galveston? I am looking at this cruise (but haven't booked yet) and plan on staying with family in The Woodlands afterwards. I just need a ride anytime after the cruise to IAH to pick up a rental car. I'm a solo so looking for the least expensive option. Thanks!

Just booked one way back to IAH from the cruise port.  It was $39, but have to reconfirm that.

Couldn't book it from IAH because I am coming in the day before.

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Just booked one way back to IAH from the cruise port.  It was $39, but have to reconfirm that.

Couldn't book it from IAH because I am coming in the day before.

Thanks for the info. If I do this, I will be flying in late Thursday after work, staying at a hotel near HOU and taking the NCL shuttle Friday morning. Will be on the Viva 3 weeks from today so will chat with the CruiseNext people to see what type of solo deal I can get. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

You could book it if you were staying near the IAH airport.

Yeah.  Have an Air B&B booked near the port as there’s a lot to do the night before.  Got a good deal for $155.  But, Lyft is $100 from IAH to the port area.   NCL is ½ that amount of I stayed at the airport.

• 2 weeks later...