NCL Premium Plus Beverage Package - Remaining wine inquiry

OnFlight1978

Hi Friends -

It's been about 10 months since I have been on a cruise with NCL.  I was looking at some posts and was not clear if things have changed.  In the past I have upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package.  Typically at dinner, if I have an open bottle of wine and want to take it with me, it was not an issue.  They would cork it for me and I could take it back to the room.  This would be a free bottle of wine with the package, let's say in the Manhattan Room.  I've also ordered the free bottle of wine and it was never opened and they allowed us to take it back to the room.

In reviewing some of the other posts, it appears they do not allow this now?  They end up tagging the bottle that was not finished and give you a tag and they retrieve the bottle the next evening, is that correct?  Just trying to see if that applies to those who upgrade to the Premium Plus Package and potentially what has changed.  

Thanks for your help,

Brett

28 minutes ago, OnFlight1978 said:

Hi Friends -

It's been about 10 months since I have been on a cruise with NCL.  I was looking at some posts and was not clear if things have changed.  In the past I have upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package.  Typically at dinner, if I have an open bottle of wine and want to take it with me, it was not an issue.  They would cork it for me and I could take it back to the room.  This would be a free bottle of wine with the package, let's say in the Manhattan Room.  I've also ordered the free bottle of wine and it was never opened and they allowed us to take it back to the room.

In reviewing some of the other posts, it appears they do not allow this now?  They end up tagging the bottle that was not finished and give you a tag and they retrieve the bottle the next evening, is that correct?  Just trying to see if that applies to those who upgrade to the Premium Plus Package and potentially what has changed.  

Thanks for your help,

Brett

We upgraded to Premium Plus in March and any bottles we got (from any of the dining rooms) were not allowed to leave - whether they were unopened or half full.  However, the "free" bottle we received with our Latitudes dinner we were allowed to take to our cabin. They were very clear with the difference - and wouldn't allow any deviations.  This was on the Bliss.

5 hours ago, ljrfrm said:

We upgraded to Premium Plus in March and any bottles we got (from any of the dining rooms) were not allowed to leave - whether they were unopened or half full.  However, the "free" bottle we received with our Latitudes dinner we were allowed to take to our cabin. They were very clear with the difference - and wouldn't allow any deviations.  This was on the Bliss.

Just now, SEA DOGY said:

We are sailing on the Gateway next month on the  Haven with Premium Plus  

Me and my wife we both are wine drinks my wife drinks only white wines Chardonnay etc.

I drink reds carbs Merlots etc My question is at dinner time can we have 2 bottles one red one white

Thanks in advance 

18 hours ago, js said:

I'm still trying to figure out what this half full bottle of wine you all talk about? Ive never had that happen 🤣

LOL, on our end we had moved on to bottle #2 OR, we also were really wanting to bring an unopened bottle back to the cabin. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ljrfrm said:

Last October (so before your story, and things may have changed) nothing was told to us about this on the Bliss and we took the wine every night. If you just grab the bottle and walk out you're saying they will accost you and demand the bottle back?

If this is their new standard I'd probably make them hold the wine, and just order a new bottle every night and make them hold on to bottles I don't plan on drinking to emphasize I'm not happy with the new system. I may be spiteful that way though. 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grimix said:

Last October (so before your story, and things may have changed) nothing was told to us about this on the Bliss and we took the wine every night. If you just grab the bottle and walk out you're saying they will accost you and demand the bottle back?

If this is their new standard I'd probably make them hold the wine, and just order a new bottle every night and make them hold on to bottles I don't plan on drinking to emphasize I'm not happy with the new system. I may be spiteful that way though. 🙂

LOL, our bummer was really that we couldn't take the unopened wines. But, it wasn't an issue as we used our Latitudes dinner wine and our friends (fortunately they didn't drink) to take back to the cabin.  I'm not sure if they would have tackled us walking out with the open bottle or not?  I guess we just figured it was easier to drink the rest instead of finding out?  Makes you wonder?  LOL

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

Me and my wife we both are wine drinks my wife drinks only white wines Chardonnay etc.

I drink reds carbs Merlots etc My question is at dinner time can we have 2 bottles one red one white

Thanks in advance 

We did that - no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 1:25 AM, SEA DOGY said:

Thanks in advance 

Does anyone have an answer for this one? I’d hope both get a bottle, but unsure and will have this situation often.

You can order one bottle per card at dinner, so yes. But you can’t take the leftovers with you. And the same wines that you can get by the bottle with P+ are also available by the glass, so you can also just order glasses if you can’t finish a whole bottle by yourself at one dinner. 

Or, eat with other people who don’t have the package, and share your bottles with them. So far this is still allowed. 

If you are dining at a time when they are charging taxes on beverage package drinks, think carefully about what you order, and how. It makes a difference if they charge you taxes on one bottle vs. however many glasses they think you drank. (I was once charged for 10 glasses of champagne at one meal instead of one bottle!)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

1 hour ago, HoosierShipmate said:

Does anyone have an answer for this one? I’d hope both get a bottle, but unsure and will have this situation often.

The question was answered previously.

You certainly can. I drink red and my wife drinks white. We always get two bottles.

• Like 1