Port of New Orleans - What time should I plan on arriving to park?

We're sailing on the Glory, Sunday departure (Aug 13).

We have a 10am arrival time. We plan on driving to the port, and parking in the Erato terminal garage. 

I'm trying to figure out what time we need to leave the hotel that morning, which is in Hattiesburg, MS - an hour and forty-five minute drive.

How much time should I budget for traffic near the port, waiting in the line to pay, waiting to drop off checked bags, finding a spot, and taking the elevator down.

My gut says we should plan on seeing the creepy mask over the entrance to Mardi Gras World around 9:15 (and pull out of the hotel at 7:30). Too early? Too late?  Just about right?

Thanks!

Timing sounds about right. There is construction going on with I-10 west from Mississippi just west of Gulfport. Probably not on Sunday, but look here to make sure:

www.wwltv.com

Click on "traffic."

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We're sailing on the Glory, Sunday departure (Aug 13).

We have a 10am arrival time. We plan on driving to the port, and parking in the Erato terminal garage. 

I'm trying to figure out what time we need to leave the hotel that morning, which is in Hattiesburg, MS - an hour and forty-five minute drive.

How much time should I budget for traffic near the port, waiting in the line to pay, waiting to drop off checked bags, finding a spot, and taking the elevator down.

My gut says we should plan on seeing the creepy mask over the entrance to Mardi Gras World around 9:15 (and pull out of the hotel at 7:30). Too early? Too late?  Just about right?

Thanks!

In 2022, we overnighted in Hattiesburg at the Hampton Inn. We left at approximately 745 and arrived at the Whale Lot at approximately 9:30.  We were in line for security at NCL breakaway at 9:30. Your times are good for planning.

• Thanks 1

Another heads-up. I just read that there will be repairs going on to the I-10 bridge westbound over the Pearl River Bridge at the Mississippi-Louisiana state line, with the right lane closed. Probably not on a Sunday, but be prepared.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 12:00 PM, jgmpuma said:

Another heads-up. I just read that there will be repairs going on to the I-10 bridge westbound over the Pearl River Bridge at the Mississippi-Louisiana state line, with the right lane closed. Probably not on a Sunday, but be prepared.

Just an FYI - (too late for the OP but...) to get from Hattiesburg to NOLA you do not cross the I-10 Pearl River Bridge. I-59 joins I-10 west of the Pearl River.