A potential disaster averted

oceanpark

My husband and I leave on our first Azamara cruise in less than five weeks.  I booked the air through Azamara when they were still under Royal Caribbean.  For some reason I decided to check on our flights yesterday, and was totally shocked to find KLM had cancelled all our flights.  According to them it was an operational decision, and they didn’t seem too concerned that I wasn’t notified or rebooked on other flights.  After a quick call to Azamara our travel agent got us new flights on Lufthansa and Air Canada.  Having travelled extensively, we have never encountered this before.  Azamara came through in the end, but I wonder if they got an email about the cancellation and neglected to notify us.  Regardless, we are relieved that our trip can go ahead as planned.  If I had booked through the airline or a booking site I would have to wait who knows how long for our refund.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

My husband and I leave on our first Azamara cruise in less than five weeks.  I booked the air through Azamara when they were still under Royal Caribbean.  For some reason I decided to check on our flights yesterday, and was totally shocked to find KLM had cancelled all our flights.  According to them it was an operational decision, and they didn’t seem too concerned that I wasn’t notified or rebooked on other flights.  After a quick call to Azamara our travel agent got us new flights on Lufthansa and Air Canada.  Having travelled extensively, we have never encountered this before.  Azamara came through in the end, but I wonder if they got an email about the cancellation and neglected to notify us.  Regardless, we are relieved that our trip can go ahead as planned.  If I had booked through the airline or a booking site I would have to wait who knows how long for our refund.  

I've had airlines do this to me when I booked directly and never received an email. Thank goodness you checked!! 

• Like 1

A VERY wise man once said, "Trust, but verify." I've heard similar horror stories on board, pre shake up (or is it "shake down"?), of flights disappearing into the ethereal ether. If YOU made the air reservations, you are probably fine, BUT! If someone other than you made the reservations, it really behooves YOU to confirm, and then reconfirm, that those flights really do exist!

• Like 3