Has anyone ever been on a Christmas cruise on Regent?

ysolde

We booked a Christmas cruise on Mariner for 2025, in part because we liked the itinerary, in part because it seemed like a reasonable value for what Regent is charging relatively speaking, and in large part because I have always wanted to go on a cruise over the holidays.  Yes, I am a child at heart.  The thought of gingerbread houses decorating the ship, Yorkshire pudding and a nice beef dish, and silly songs being sung at the fireside seems idyllic to me.  I am a woman of simple tastes, always have been.

So I guess I am hoping for gingerbread house decor somewhere and Buche de Noel for dessert at some point and maybe some Yorkshire pudding as a side dish and I don't know holiday cheer.  It's a 21 day cruise so I guess there will be plenty of time to fill my tummy with the things I love.  And if I see an ugly Christmas/Hanukkah sweater or two, that will definitely make me smile.

So, those of you who have been on Regent's Christmas cruises, tell me, what should I expect?

It's been a while since we did a holiday cruise on Regent, but I think you can expect a 'yes' for all your requirements — minus the fireside sign-along, as fires are not highly regarded on cruise ships! 😂

• Like 1

It's been a while, but we were on over Christmas in 2017. Definitely yes to the gingerbread houses, a grand display of them. Ray was the CD and he hosted a Christmas show one evening. Also on Christmas Eve he did a Christmas Carol service. If I recall correctly, there was traditional turkey dinner but offered on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day? I am pretty sure there was a Yule Log dessert.

I thought it all elegant and well done. Hopefully we cruise with Regent over Christmas again some day.

• Like 1

We were on the Splendor 12/3-12/20/22 this past pre Christmas and it was very nice but we had the best time on the Navigator 12/22/22 to 1/3/23. There was a very  traditional Christmas vive and we had a wonderful time. The decorations were very traditional, lots of very colorful decorated trees and gingerbread houses, Christmas teas, Christmas programs and a moving Christmas Eve service directed by Ray. We would go again in a minute especially on the Navigator or the Mariner. They have a very personal feel. SoIMG_0988.thumb.jpeg.9457843f0760a213016b2539980df400.jpegIMG_0998.thumb.jpeg.0137877e74f87e1a61ecc35ede4e254c.jpegIMG_1052.thumb.jpeg.420bfc9a9a2920e4d5ebf5971b78949d.jpegIMG_1068.thumb.jpeg.ecd4eb25305215fd6663ee91a1fc5c63.jpegIMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.358fff88d2f2bd0f55927b9597887840.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

Edited by cwn
  • Like 3

Six Christmases on board with next three Christmases booked (two on Mariner and one on Navigator).  We absolutely love the Christmas (and New Years) experience onboard.  Last Christmas, with Flossie, David Nevin led an absolute wonderful series of events (Christmas trivia was fantastic).  Year before it was COVID impacted John Barron.  Before that it was Ray who is absolutely fantastic over Christmas.  Our first Christmas onboard was with Barry Hopkins who was also fantastic.  

Decorations galore; gingerbread, special Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus.  Religious services and sing alongs and secular singalongs   Everything has been wonderful.

Marc

• Like 1