need advice on flying back to California after Iguazu falls

thefamilycruisers

We are doing a RT Buenos Aires cruise and plan to go to Iguazu Falls after the cruise.  

Is there a better route to get back home than flying back to Buenos Aires?  Iguazu to Buenos Aires is an easy flight but can I fly from Iguazu to somewhere that brings me a little closer to the west coast of the US?

Looking at the map nothing is jumping out at me as a possibility.  

Thanks.

Sorry, I do not have an answer but I have been researching the same thing.  It seems like the best flights start in BA.  We will probably take an afternoon flight back to BA and connect with an overnight to CA.  I hope if you find something you will post.  Cherie

Consider flying out of the airport on the Brazilian side (IGU) and connecting to the USA in Sao Paulo (GRU).  There are more flights from there than from Buenos Aires, and they are usually cheaper and better timed.  In particular, there are several 1-stops to cities in California (including daytime flights) and a nonstop to LAX (12+ hrs on LATAM).  Use flights.google.com and search for IGU-XXX.

I think the bigger problem may be taking your luggage to Iguazu Falls on smaller planes.

We are leaving most of our luggage in a BA hotel and just taking carry ons and then returning to the hotel and flying out the next day.

19 hours ago, JohnCA said:

Consider flying out of the airport on the Brazilian side (IGU) and connecting to the USA in Sao Paulo (GRU).  There are more flights from there than from Buenos Aires, and they are usually cheaper and better timed.  In particular, there are several 1-stops to cities in California (including daytime flights) and a nonstop to LAX (12+ hrs on LATAM).  Use flights.google.com and search for IGU-XXX.

Hi, I have been looking at flights from IGU to LAX and there were 2 stops, including GRU.  Will keep checking but it did not seem easier or less expensive than IGR.   Cherie