HAL Hotel in Seattle when cruising Alaska

iflyrc5

We are booked for the Sept 30 Eurodam final 7 day of the season (then staying on board during the reposition to FLL).  We normally book our own hotel and transfers but decided for ease to use HAL this time.  We are flying in 2 days early arriving about 9 pm on Sept 28.  Our documents say they are putting us up at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel.  From what our TA said it is the Sheraton Grand Hotel at 6th and Pike St.  This summer has anyone used HAL for lodging and was this where the put you up?  If so, how was it and are there any good restaurants near by at a reasonable price?  Any information is appreciated.

14 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

We are booked for the Sept 30 Eurodam final 7 day of the season (then staying on board during the reposition to FLL).  We normally book our own hotel and transfers but decided for ease to use HAL this time.  We are flying in 2 days early arriving about 9 pm on Sept 28.  Our documents say they are putting us up at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel.  From what our TA said it is the Sheraton Grand Hotel at 6th and Pike St.  This summer has anyone used HAL for lodging and was this where the put you up?  If so, how was it and are there any good restaurants near by at a reasonable price?  Any information is appreciated.

I am staying at the HAL hotel it is Sheraton Seattle Hotel  1400 6th Ave  Seattle WA 98101. This will be our third time to stay at this hotel through Holland America. It is a short 2 blocks away from Capital Grille which makes for a nice dinner night before embarkation (not exactly reasonable but one of my favorites) and going the other direction around the corner from the hotel there is Cheesecake Factory.That over all is a good price. The hotel is very nice and modern, was refurbished a few years ago. Has a large Starbucks in in the Lobby that does offer all the normal Starbucks food.  They do offer room service and they also offer a morning buffet breakfast but 2 years ago I thought it was quite expensive for what they offered but it was also in during covid. We are going to check out the morning buffet again and see if it appears any better. We had wished Cheesecake was open for breakfast like our local one is on Saturday and Sunday. We will be cruising in September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanted to add, I looked up Cheesecake Factory is now open on Sundays at that Seattle location at 10:00 am for breakfast/brunch but king of bad timing I think check out was 11:00 and we need to meet down in the lounge bar area at 11 for the bus that takes us to pier 91.

There are some casual restaurants in Pacific Place center (Pike Place Chowder) and also Westlake Center.  The cafe in Nordstrom’s is also very good.  If you like Italian.  In post alley near Pike Place Market..  The Pink Door- make a reservation to eat there.

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Check with HAL.  Sometimes the breakfast buffet is included probably not in Seattle but worth checking. 

It is NOT, HAL generally only includes the breakfast for Europe hotels, and never does for North America hotels.

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

They also include it for South America too.  

I am hoping they do for Japan as well but I have doubts. I have used Princess hotel inTokyo twice 2017 and 2019, HAL uses the same hotel. They did not offer the breakfast buffet. We are booked for Noordam for March 2025 but they do not have hotel options but thinking we may stay closer to Yokohama or most likely Chiba.

I will say that many complain that HAL hotels are more expensive. I found on my two upc oming cruises they were actually a good price especially with the transfers from airport to the hotel. Upcoming  Sheraton was cheaper through HAL than booking on my own and even cheaper than Marriot Waterfront that I also looked at. My NS cruise in December out FLL, I priced several hotels the cost from HAL was a bit lower in some cases and in some slightly higher but again they are picking me up from MIA to thehotel and getting me to the port. I am good with that. 

6 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

There are some casual restaurants in Pacific Place center (Pike Place Chowder) and also Westlake Center.  The cafe in Nordstrom’s is also very good.  If you like Italian.  In post alley near Pike Place Market..  The Pink Door- make a reservation to eat there.

Thanks for all the good information.

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Do you know which hotel they use in Rotterdam?

Unfortunately I do not, in Amsterdam they used Movenpick. I tried checking for next years sailings out of Rotterdam and not seeing any hotels available to reserve. 

3 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Unfortunately I do not, in Amsterdam they used Movenpick. I tried checking for next years sailings out of Rotterdam and not seeing any hotels available to reserve. 

I am going there next fall and considering the cost of transfers I am curious.    I agree about value, if they would only make clear what is included there would be more people using them. My last transfer included a full day tour with lunch - undisclosed 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

The Fairmount Olympic Hotel is near the downtown Sheraton.  It has a nice remodeled lobby with a bar that also serves food.  It is on 4th Avenue and University.  The Four Seasons Hotel is on 1st Avenue and Union.  It has a nice restaurant with a view of the water and the Olympics.  There is an Anthony's Restaurant along the waterfront, near the port for cruise ships.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Do you know which hotel they use in Rotterdam?

Pre-Pandemic, HAL put me and a bunch of other Trans-Atlantic cruisers into the Rotterdam Hilton. The hotel is located next to a traffic circle with transit trains zooming through.IMG_1541.thumb.JPG.c0282b6ef81d8d2ba28a4710b93d9b46.JPG

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

Pre-Pandemic, HAL put me and a bunch of other Trans-Atlantic cruisers into the Rotterdam Hilton. The hotel is located next to a traffic circle with transit trains zooming through.IMG_1541.thumb.JPG.c0282b6ef81d8d2ba28a4710b93d9b46.JPG

Thank you.  I will probably go back to my original plan then to find my own lodging.  

A few years back we booked the HAL pre-cruise at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle and were very happy. Transfers were perfect, hotel is in great location for sightseeing, and it was less expensive than if we had booked directly with Sheraton.

We’re giving the HAL pre & post packages a try again next month at the Fairmonts in Montreal and Boston. 

• Like 2