Marlin Waterloo Hotel

I don't know the hotel, but the location is very good.

Five minute walk to the Imperial War Museum.

Ten minutes walk to the nearest ho-on bus stop.

A ten-minute walk to Waterloo station (trains to Southampton) and Waterloo East (for Dover).

The River Thames and Westminster Bridge less than ten minutes (London Eye and river cruises, and the other side of the bridge Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Churchill's War Rooms and the multiple sights up Whitehall to Trafalgar Square). 

And for more-distant sights a tube (London's exceptionally extensive metro system) station across the road from the hotel

JB 🙂

8 minutes ago, John Bull said:

I don't know the hotel, but the location is very good.

Five minute walk to the Imperial War Museum.

Ten minutes walk to the nearest ho-on bus stop.

A ten-minute walk to Waterloo station (trains to Southampton) and Waterloo East (for Dover).

The River Thames and Westminster Bridge less than ten minutes (London Eye and river cruises, and the other side of the bridge Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Churchill's War Rooms and the multiple sights up Whitehall to Trafalgar Square). 

And for more-distant sights a tube (London's exceptionally extensive metro system) station across the road from the hotel

JB 🙂

Thank you so much John. Planning is a little overwhelming!!

I also don't know the Marlin but it is in a great location. I've stayed in that area on three occasions, while doing research at the War Museum. 

By the by, Google says it's "serviced apartments" rather than a hotel. 

Just now, Harters said:

I also don't know the Marlin but it is in a great location. I've stayed in that area on three occasions, while doing research at the War Museum. 

By the by, Google says it's "serviced apartments" rather than a hotel. 

They have both but thanks for the information!

highly rated on Google review, which is my go to.  They have an elevator, which is a real plus in older building.  I like serviced apartments for longer stays.  This is good to keep in mind for the future, thank you.   Great location to a busy neighborhood with tons of options.  Stroll through Borough  Market then go in to Southwark Cathedral for evensong and perhaps see Hodge the Cat.  Plus you are not far from the National Theatre where there is usually something worth checking out.  COnvenient also to the south bank river walk, which makes for a fantastic evening stroll.  Doing so on a rising full moon, doesnt get much better

3 minutes ago, Meander Ingwa said:

highly rated on Google review, which is my go to.  They have an elevator, which is a real plus in older building.  I like serviced apartments for longer stays.  This is good to keep in mind for the future, thank you.   Great location to a busy neighborhood with tons of options.  Stroll through Borough  Market then go in to Southwark Cathedral for evensong and perhaps see Hodge the Cat.  Plus you are not far from the National Theatre where there is usually something worth checking out.  COnvenient also to the south bank river walk, which makes for a fantastic evening stroll.  Doing so on a rising full moon, doesnt get much better

Thanks so much!!