How to contact medical office?

weacat

Hi everyone - hoping the hive will have some contact information for us.  While onboard the Apex this last sailing, our daughter was evaluated by the medical office after she fell on a bike ride in Copenhagen.  Thankfully nothing was broken and she came away with a sore arm.  After the visit, we were charged but have no other documentation from that office.  Since we have trip insurance, I would like to submit the claim but need additional documentation other than the final receipt.  Does anyone have information on how to contact the medical office or a main phone number to start with?  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I'm onboard the Apex right now and can give them a call if you want, but they'll likely ask for personal information of the patient.

Thank you so much!  I would need to contact them directly because of privacy issues I would guess.  If you could quickly find out a direct contact number/email - I would really appreciate it.

9 hours ago, weacat said:

Thank you so much!  I would need to contact them directly because of privacy issues I would guess.  If you could quickly find out a direct contact number/email - I would really appreciate it.

perhaps email contact info would save a very expensive call...?

10 hours ago, weacat said:

What should I ask them? If they have a direct email to contact?

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

Can I give at least her first name (in case they ask) ? You can send me a message, no need to do this publicly.

I can’t seem to message you privately. The first name is “Harper”. Thank you again. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 6:49 AM, weacat said:

Hi everyone - hoping the hive will have some contact information for us.  While onboard the Apex this last sailing, our daughter was evaluated by the medical office after she fell on a bike ride in Copenhagen.  Thankfully nothing was broken and she came away with a sore arm.  After the visit, we were charged but have no other documentation from that office.  Since we have trip insurance, I would like to submit the claim but need additional documentation other than the final receipt.  Does anyone have information on how to contact the medical office or a main phone number to start with?  Thank you!

On 8/4/2023 at 8:37 AM, Bo1953 said:

Call Celebrity guest relations to retrieve your medical records. After each voyage, all medical records are scanned and uploaded into the main server at the headquarters.  Then the paperwork is shredded once received in the main system.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weacat said:

I can’t seem to message you privately. The first name is “Harper”. Thank you again. 

They said they won't be able to communicate with anyone, not even the patient post-cruise. All requests have to go through medicalrecords@rccl.com in order to obtain data.

Hope it helps!

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

They said they won't be able to communicate with anyone, not even the patient post-cruise. All requests have to go through medicalrecords@rccl.com in order to obtain data.

Hope it helps!

Thank you much for taking the time out of your vacation to do this. I really appreciate it!

5 minutes ago, weacat said:

Thank you much for taking the time out of your vacation to do this. I really appreciate it!

No problem at all. I have nothing else to do really. 😂

FWIW (after claiming multiple such incidents myself) all insurance companies have a form letter for the attending physician to document and sign, outlining exactly what details they need.

I can only recommend keeping a copy of that letter (or a similar generic form without letterhead) printed in the baggage just in case. The last I want to do in an emergency is looking for a printer. 😬

• Thanks 1