OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK AUG 6-13,2023 SEASCAPE

morpheusofthesea

29 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here is an idiosyncrasy of MSC Seascapes Captain Tuvo. He fashioned this large white gloved 'hand" to welcome new passengers and wave goodbye to all those departing. He places it in the window of the bridge on whatever side he intends to dock.

IMG_3099.jpg

He was very comedic in his daily announcements, and made a point to talk to everyone during his meet and greet in the YC. His family was on board last week!

Tonight we had a guest performer (Enrico Cifiello) who sang 'popular' songs in the Chora Theatre instead of a theatre production. I felt he did a fine job, worth seeing again. Since we are leaving Nassau at 8 pm (Ocean Cay is a short distance away as our last stop) many return to the ship later. At dinner there were only 10 tables occupied at 5:30 for dinner. At the 7:30pm show with Enrico Cifiello there were only about 100 passengers that attended this performance in the normally packed 1100 seat theatre. The elevators were working like a dream come true.

IMG_3107.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is the best station in the Market Place buffet. Being married to a 'munchkin' has its rewards. Notice there are no lines and no guests at 7 am in the buffet.

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

I remember seeing many interlopers at this station. Of cause this entrance door cannot block them and staff did not seem to care 😄

Edited by perakcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

I remember seeing many interlopers at this station. Of cause this entrance door cannot block them and staff did not seem to care 😄

Those 'little rascals'. All that is needed is just one cannibal. "yum,yum eat um up !"

0-17.webloc

Edited by morpheusofthesea

On 8/8/2023 at 10:18 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

No one has any answers to when anything broken will get repaired.

Anyone know how long this has been broken?

Also your response makes me think that multiple other things are broken and have been for a while. I'm taking two first time MSC cruisers on this ship in a couple months. It would not be a good look if multiple things are broken, in public areas, on such a new ship. 

What else is broken or out of service?

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

What else is broken or out of service?

Just a few things one will notice. An elevator key pad deck 7, a sliding door separating the Jungle Pool / Marketplace buffet, the automatic door leading to the OnePool deck 20, the elevator over-ride perk for YC guests, the Infinity bridge on port side. All probably guest induced.

6 hours ago, surfrider34 said:

19001 for everyone else who is of the opinion it is easier to post the answer to a question directly rather than a post number that leads to the answer to the question.

thank you anyway @Essiesmom

Well I surmise that perhaps @Essiesmom was hoping you would take the time to actually read some of my prior posts and for that I thank her, too.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rikitikitavii said:

He was very comedic in his daily announcements, and made a point to talk to everyone during his meet and greet in the YC. His family was on board last week!

His family is a group of interlopers I could handle.  Officer's families in the YC has never been a problem for us.  They are friendly, and the bambinos and bambinas we have met have been well behaved.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, surfrider34 said:

19001 for everyone else who is of the opinion it is easier to post the answer to a question directly rather than a post number that leads to the answer to the question.

thank you anyway @Essiesmom

At least @Essiesmom didn't overburden you by telling you the answer could also be found at the bottom of Post #61, as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are the best guys. Taylan on the left who is going over to the Seashore with Hotel Director Yannis K. and on the right our new director of the Yacht Club Ianchal. Ianchal came over from Princess and was Food & Beverage Director there. The last two days we saw workmen in MSC jumpsuits adjusting the doors on decks 18 & 19 that gain access to the Yacht Club. I took the second photo from a distance so as not to disturb this vital 'fix'.

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We were both awakened by moving of furniture from above at 3 am.

Maybe they were trying to gently wake you so you could get an early start on uploading videos and photos!  Probably lots of bandwidth available then! 😜😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2023 at 1:24 PM, Bgwest said:

The logical extension from all of this is that non-YC folks know about the perks to be found within YC and have decided to pay non-YC cruise fares and simply walk the hell into YC unmolested.  
Unless MSC takes a stand the trickle will turn into a flood. 

Geez...Pretty soon it will be like our Southern Border lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1