OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK AUG 6-13,2023 SEASCAPE

morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

Curious. Have any YC staff ever commented to you about your live Observations from The Poopdeck posts?

No. Not even other CC members. I attribute this to the desire of cruisers to take advantage of every moment while on board and dedicate it to enjoyment. The time passes much more quickly while one is on vacation. There is too much to do, planning, booking, eating, eating some more, drinking , oh the drinking. Who (in their right minds) wants to go on line and 'waste' time reading my dribble. There is time enough when one returns home and tunes in to see if they missed something and then they wonder "Were we on the same cruise?" We didn't see any interlopers, terrible food, shorts, ball caps swimsuits in the MDR, nor remember the same show productions; or the comedian we saw was hilarious." Or maybe I'm just too boring.

P.S. I love reading @Essiesmom, @Georgia Peaches, and Warmest Amy live posts they give me so many ideas to look into.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

If they are not keeping the area exclusive (as those in YC paid for), maybe they need to start charging a fee

Scan every card, if not in YC, $149 charge for each 30 minutes in YC until they "check out" at guest services. Additional non-removal charge of $99 for bar services and $109 specialty dining fee +tax/tips/service charges. Totaling around $499 (per 30 minutes) with a max of $1499 a day 
No card, ask for room number, pull up details on ipad, if not who they say there are, add additional $149 processing fee to the above fees

I'd prefer they just enforce the exclusivity of the area, and not hit guests with massive (and more then likely higher then the cruise fare fees), but the other option is to ditch YC concept all together, make it free for all

When I cruised on Seaside back in  2019 (in Yacht Club)...They offered a small amount of daily passes to non YC passengers for $99/day.... This did not include dinner in Restaurant  but did give them full access to YC area during day and lunch. We received a communication explaining we could be seeing these "day passes" in YC.  I guess it was sorta like an excursion on Sea Days?!  I heard they discontinued this practice/offering. 

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

No. Not even other CC members. I attribute this to the desire of cruisers to take advantage of every moment while on board and dedicate it to enjoyment. The time passes much more quickly while one is on vacation. There is too much to do, planning, booking, eating, eating some more, drinking , oh the drinking. Who (in their right minds) wants to go on line and 'waste' time reading my dribble. There is time enough when one returns home and tunes in to see if they missed something and then they wonder "Were we on the same cruise?" We didn't see any interlopers, terrible food, shorts, ball caps swimsuits in the MDR, nor remember the same show productions; or the comedian we saw was hilarious." Or maybe I'm just too boring.

P.S. I love reading @Essiesmom, @Georgia Peaches, and Warmest Amy live posts they give me so many ideas to look into.

@morpheusofthesea right back at you! I love your take on the YC ad cruising in general. Actually...I enjoy reading CC in general. Yes, opinions are like, ahem...ya know, but still - I love reading opining on ships, locations, restaurants, tours...etc. We have an amazing TA but I would say 75% of our bookings are based upon something I read or saw on CC.

I am disappointed to have no photos of the velociraptor sighting if you saw Peter Punk - was such a funny Seaside moment and wondering if it's part of the Seashore experience.

Warmest Amy

I have been reading the published reviews of the Seascape both inside and outside the Yacht Club. There was one in particular negative review that caught my eye of @Tnteach68 that does not come up ringing true. Just one detail makes the entire review suspect. 

"Yacht Club Royal Suite

Nice room- shower has a bench and rain fall shower head." They were on in July 2023. We were on in July  2023 in the same cabin and there are no benches in the showers. I get a 'feeling' many of these reviews are fake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I have been reading the published reviews of the Seascape both inside and outside the Yacht Club. There was one in particular negative review that caught my eye of @Tnteach68 that does not come up ringing true. Just one detail makes the entire review suspect. 

"Yacht Club Royal Suite

Nice room- shower has a bench and rain fall shower head." They were on in July 2023. We were on in July  2023 in the same cabin and there are no benches in the showers. I get a 'feeling' many of these reviews are fake.

Well, at the very least, you had a severe interloper problem!  Did your DW not notice a stranger in the room???  😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"We were on in July  2023 in the same cabin and there are no benches in the showers."

Does the shower have a leg-shaving step that is the width of the shower? If so, the reviewer is merely referring to it as a bench.

Seascape's standard YC suites have showers outfitted with marble structures that could serve as a low bench.

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

There was one in particular negative review that caught my eye of @Tnteach68 that does not come up ringing true. Just one detail makes the entire review suspect. 

"Yacht Club Royal Suite

Nice room- shower has a bench and rain fall shower head."

I read the review. It also has.....

The room is nice- yacht club balcony room- has a walk in closet and the shower has a rain fall shower head.

...so they possibly had a Deluxe Grand.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=702907

45 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I read the review. It also has.....

The room is nice- yacht club balcony room- has a walk in closet and the shower has a rain fall shower head.

...so they possibly had a Deluxe Grand.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=702907

Or a YC handicapped suite?

Rereading it again, from your easy to find link, I get the feeling this review was a patched together Artificial Intelligence (AI) generated review of negatives found published elsewhere outside the YC.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Nice room- shower has a bench and rain fall shower head."

Here is a photo  of a cabin on deck 18. Compliments of @pirate4me2which shows a bench #18028. Following her and mom's journey. Would like Mom's perspective too.

IMG_0241.thumb.jpeg.ce14456216196f1e4d41e5bb98e6accb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Found this 14 second video and felt should post for posterity and a tutorial. The locked access doors to the Top 19 and then into the Yacht club do not lock by themselves. One has to give them that extra little push.

IMG_2967.MOV

You read my mind. I just sat down at my computer with the intention of asking you when we might anticipate the next "Poop Deck" thread. 

Just got a price on rebooking a cancelled cruise on Explora I which is repositioning. The rebook is for the Explora II. It looks like we will be 'cruising' back to MSC Yacht Club. This is a reposting to another couple on another social media post cruising presently on Explora I.

You both show 'a touch of class' by dressing so elegantly on this luxury cruise line. We are afraid we are being priced out of cruising on Explora Journeys. We are booked and paid in full for 2 weeks. The cabins that suit us with walk-in showers have just gone 'through the roof' on Explora II. Our Explora I cruise is about $900 pp/pd, and the same cabin next year same time on Explora II is about $2000 pp/pd. Do not feel the cruise line is looking to appeal to the present mass market cruisers like us. Suppose with all the complaining their answer is to raise prices to get rid of complainers. Someone in Explora management went to the Will Rogers school of thought. "People that pay for things never complain. It's the guy you give something to that you can't please."

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just got a price on rebooking a cancelled cruise on Explora I which is repositioning. The rebook is for the Explora II. It looks like we will be 'cruising' back to MSC Yacht Club. This is a reposting to another couple on another social media post cruising presently on Explora I.

You both show 'a touch of class' by dressing so elegantly on this luxury cruise line. We are afraid we are being priced out of cruising on Explora Journeys. We are booked and paid in full for 2 weeks. The cabins that suit us with walk-in showers have just gone 'through the roof' on Explora II. Our Explora I cruise is about $900 pp/pd, and the same cabin next year same time on Explora II is about $2000 pp/pd. Do not feel the cruise line is looking to appeal to the present mass market cruisers like us. Suppose with all the complaining their answer is to raise prices to get rid of complainers. Someone in Explora management went to the Will Rogers school of thought. "People that pay for things never complain. It's the guy you give something to that you can't please."

i am very sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to an Explora review from you, always a pleasure to read.

1 hour ago, awatt said:

i am very sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to an Explora review from you, always a pleasure to read.

Thank you. You are very kind. God-willing I hope to give a"PoopDeck Observation" from Explora I this December/January, unless it too will be cancelled? Though it has been paid in full July's due date. Submitted request for deposit refund today on November 2024 Explora I cancelled sailing. Will be interesting to see how long to get $5800 deposit back ?