BC ferry foot passenger from Swartz Bay

marklaur

My husband and I are staying on Vancouver Island for a couple of nights before our Aug 20 Alaskan cruise from Vancouver.

We will have a rental car so the plan is to drop the car back at the airport then ferry to the mainland on Saturday 19th. 

Are reservations necessary? We would be travelling after the 11 am check out at our airrbnb. I would rather not have a schedule but peace of mind would trump that. 😌 

Is Uber a thing yet? We will need transportation from the airport to the terminal.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, marklaur said:

[T]he plan is . . . ferry to the mainland on Saturday 19th. Are reservations necessary?

No reservations needed for passengers traveling on the ferry from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen.

Also, do consider the rest of your route from Tsawwassen to your hotel, the port, or wherever you are headed on the mainland. TransLink bus route 620 connects the Tsawwassen ferry terminal with the Bridgeport SkyTrain station. For a higher fare, Wilson's Transportation provides coach bus service from the ferry direct to the downtown Pacific Central station, and at certain times direct to either the Canada Place cruise vessel port or to a number of hotels in downtown Vancouver. Meet the Wilson's Transportation bus driver on board the ferry within the first 30 minutes of departure from Swartz Bay. This coach bus service is available for the following ferry departures from Swartz Bay: 9:00 a.m. (Pacific Central + Canada Place), 11:00 a.m. (Pacific Central), 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Central + hotels), and 7:00 p.m. (Pacific Central + hotels).

• Like 1