NCL excursion Best of Olympia

auburngirl

We will be on the Norwegian Dawn in November. Looking at excursions for Katakolon/Olympia. The Best of Olympia excursion includes the ancient site in Olympia, the Olympia Archaeological Museum, and Magna Grecia Farm. We get wine and snacks at the farm. Has anyone been on this excursion?  Any recommendations?

Olympia can be hot and exhausting.

Altho we rarely do ships' excursions (we rented a car for Olympia, or its inexpensive by taking the Katakolon Express bus), the farm on that NCL excursion sounds like a welcome relaxing break from dusty old sites & artefacts.

Like most ships' excursions, probably poor value for money - but tempting.

JB 🙂 

Since you're going in November, it should be pleasant rather than hot and dusty!

The tour you're looking at includes the Olympia site and the museum, both of which are definitely worthwhile. Enough ruins that you can somewhat see the plan of the place and it is amazing to be able to stand in the arena on the starting track (which is still in place).  The museum has some great treasures and it is small enough to not be overwhelming.

I can't speak to the farm, as that kind of stop doesn't appeal much to me. As you can see, JB and I are rather like chalk and cheese! 😉